Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have copied the ALV grid FM to a ZFM and used in my report. I added couple of custom push buttons to my toolbar. I tested the program in my Development environment. It is working 100% fine. But when I transport it to Quality and test it over there my ALV toolbar is displaying but my grid is not displaying. I tried doing code comparisions in both dev and Quality, checked my transports everything is fine.

But still I couldn't figure out the error. Please suggest me some ideas on this issue.

Thanks.

Moderator message: please choose more descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on May 26, 2011 10:12 AM

18 REPLIES 18

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you see the fields only on the GRID then it is a data issue. Put a break point before calling ALV FM and see the contents of FM. If you have data in internal table then check out all other parameters that you are passing to the FM. This could well be a variant (layout) issue i mean check out if there are any default variants that are filtering out the data. Also check callback functions including the program name that you are passing to the function module.

0 Kudos

I don't even see the grid display in Quality.It is totally blank. It is just the toolbar what I see. I don't have any default variants. My field catalog is triggering and I see data in my internal table.

0 Kudos

Is the FM and all other related programs/includes active? Check out the transport log for any errors.

did you copy the FM: REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY ? If yes, where did you saved it and how about the function group you saved in? Check out the transport log for each program.

Try to reactivate everything again in Q system.

0 Kudos

Yes, I copied the reuse grid FM as well as function groupinto my Z and I saved it in my own transport. I checked my Quality too.Everything is activated.

0 Kudos

Well, it is strange. Re-import the transports once again and if that doesn't work, make a transport of everything again by just changing little bit (adding a text in program) and retransport everything.

0 Kudos

Any ideas from ur point of you other than re-transporting the whole thing.

0 Kudos

Well, there is no point of wasting time in checking same object working one client but not the other.

However, you can try one last thing..... Go to SE80 - select your Z function group - Right click on the function group and activate then right click again - choose other functions - rebuild object list

Test after doing the above.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check authorization of object S_GUI to user which executing the program in Quality server.

Kind Rgds

Ravi Lanjewar

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I don't have any idea how to do this. Can you please suggest me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Talk to your basis or security guy and ask him if the user has the S_GUI authorization.

Or run su56 after you execute the report in the same session. this will tell you if there are any authorization failures.

0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

I checked. I do have authorization. What ever system I run this program I find the same issue.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Just another attempt

I assume you are referencing a data dictionary object ( hence the reuse ) to display the content ... Are you pointing to a custom Z object ( table or structure ) ?

If so are you sure the custom object is in your quality system ? Is it properly activated ( maybe only partial ) ? Are all data elements behind the fields the same as in development ?

It might be that the field catalog cannot be generated properly due to some issue(s) with the referencing data dictionary object ... as such your grid nor data would display ...

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you copy the FM: REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY ?

I cannot come up with a single reason to copy this FM for a report? Why didn't you just use the existing FM and its capabilities?

0 Kudos

I agree with DaveL.

Copying any complex standard SAP object to a Z one is risky at best. These things often have their name or other attributes hard coded or fetched from tables. Their behavior in this case can be difficult to determine.

Rob

0 Kudos

I agree with Dave as well as Rob too. But how come my code is working 100% fine in Development and not in Quality. As said, this is complex issue to figure out the exact error, but it should have given me the error in devlopment too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Could be some sort of config issue.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be because of buffer is not refreshed./n and go to main transaction and enter /$sync to reset buffer and try once.

0 Kudos

Hi Sreeja,

Thanks for the response.

I tried resetting the buffer. But didn't work.

Thanks.