Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pi Alert Framework centrally Monitored from SAP Solution Manager

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently installed a PI landscape Ehp1 SPS 05, I am now in the process of configuring the message based alerting,

using alert rules, alert categories, etc ...

In Runtime Workbench, I have created the alert categories.

On the Pi ABAP stack, I created the contained variables and I receive an email every time a PI flow is in error.

Doing that, I have checked that the Message Based Alerting was working locally on the PI server, using the local PI alert framework.

But, actually, I have to configure the CentralMonitoring on Solution Manager , the Message based Alerting will be hosted on the CEN (Solution Manager) and not directly on the PI backend.

This will allow us to plug the PI Alerts to our autoticketting tool hosted on Solution Manager.

I have already registered the PI CCMS agent on Solution Manager , registered the PI system, I am able to see the PI system on Solution Mangaer (transactions RZ20,RZ21).

BUT, I haven'tyet been able to plug the PI alert Framework to sap soltion manager.

Transaction ALRTCATDEF on solution Manager is not yet able to track the remote PI alerts.

I understand that I have first to Adapt the Exchange Profile to point to the Central Monitoring Server ; which parameter needs to be adjusted ?

Afterwards, do I have to ajust manually the RFC destination CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts ?

Is there any other step that needs to be done ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please check the below parameters:

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.httpport

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.name

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.client

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.group

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.mshost

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.r3name

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.sysnr

Please go through the [LINK|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d828df-0a5e-2e10-6d9f-83d9034a5301?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] for more information..

Regards

Naveen

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers.

I have succesfully changed the settings according to the sap note you mention.

The RFC destination CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts has been automatically recreated and is fully operational between PI and Solution Manager.

SAP Solution Man ager is now defined as the Central MonitoringServer ...

But, no alerts are triggered.

In solution manager using the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, I can see the PI error messages but I have the message :

No active rules found!.

I don't know exactly how to link the alert categories hosted on Solution Manager, and the error messages created on PI.

The problem is that when I run the PI Runtime Workbench, Alert Configuration : the alerts categories from

PI are still displayed, I don't know if it is the expected behaviour ?

Once Solution manager has been defined as the central monitoring system , which alert categories should

be displayed in Runtime Workbench/Alert Configuration : Solution Manager Alert Categories or PI Alert Categories ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the CCMS instance (in this case, SolMan), you need to create the rules on the ALRTCATDEF transaction. This will create the link between the received alerts from Java to ABAP and then trigger the related action (send e-mail to ALRTINBOX, for example).

Also, please run the alerts and check the RSALERTDISP report. This shows all alerts received (even the suppressed ones). If you need to test the alert categories, you can also use the RSALERTTEST report.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

Just wanted to know if you are able to see the alert categories defined in solution manager  in the PI rwb alert configuration?

So with this apporach do you see the adapter engine alerts getting created directly in SOLMAN?

Regards,

Hareesh

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I followed Luca's recommendations , and it worked.

All the alerts were redirected to SOLMAN, and the alert categories defined im solman were visibles in RWB

Regards

Raoul

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

I followed all the steps and i am able to see the Alert Categories defined in Solmon in XI run time work bench.

I've created a common rule for Integration engine failures and separate rules for Adapter engine failures.

I am able to receive all the Integration engine failures to Solmon whereas AE alerts are not being sent to Solmon.

When i execute RSALERTDISP report in XI system, i see that IE alerts are directly being delivered. But AE alerts shows the no matching rule found.

As i said i have created all the rules, after changing the configuration to NWX system.

DO WE NEED TO CREATE THE SAME ALERT CATEGORIES AND ALERT RULES in XI system as well??

am i missing something?

Appreciate your response..

Regards,

Hareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick query on this thread?

Is this still the way forward, as we now have Solution Manager 7.1 which uses SMD Diagnostics Agent configurations, rather than old CCMS / RZ21 / CCMS agents?

I expect Solu.Mgr. 7.1 PI monitoring should cover errors during message processing. Hope this is correct.

Thanks,

Shaji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change the "com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.*" parameters on the Exchange Profile. They are responsible from sending the information from Java stack to ABAP.

Please also check the OSS note below for further reference.

[Note 913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=913858]