Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to which transport carried a change in field of a record in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Gurus,

Please help me out with this.

In Table T001, the field of a particular record has value 'X" in Development and Quality. But in Production, for the same record, the field is empty. So we wanna know which transport carried this change and why it did not reflect in production. How can we find that transaction that carried the change in that particular field of that record. We checked in SE03 and could not find the relevant transport. Is the anyway i can find this?

When there is change in a field value, i think definitely there should be a transport for it.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

if it had been development or quality the easiest way to track this is version comparision for the table.

since this is production system i believe versions will not be available but only active version will be displayed. you can troubleshoot by checking in what all transport requests object is available in transaction SE03 and then checking the transport attributes and logs for those transport requests. This will be time consuming though.

- Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Even for Dev and Qual systems, the version management did not display any versions. It just shows the active version and says "no versions in the version database".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I do not have system with me right now but i believe you an search the desired table under transport object TABL in SE03.

It should give you all the transport requests that have this table contained in the table.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

The easiest would be if you know the program name open that in SE38 in display mode and go to version management.

It will show the transports related that particular program.

The lastest dated would be the one which will have that part which you are looking for.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Table logging is not enabled in the systems.

Is there any other way i can trace out the transport that carried the change of a field in the table.

Through SE03, i could not find the relevant transport that carried the change to that particular field., although i found some transports related to that table.

Hope i will get some insights on this.

Regards,

Ram.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Table logging enabled ? You can check it on SCU3 by entering the table name.

Regards,

Subhash