Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

New error with ERR -11607 sql03_connect: application forked!

We are running the PHP MaxDB module on RHEL4. After upgrading from to we see the following error in out Apache logs:

ERR -11607 sql03_connect: application forked!

The PHP application accessing the MaxDB instance seems to work okay but I'm wondering why we see this error now?

If those messages can be considered cosmetic, is there a way to suppress them, maybe in the PHP MaxDB module? Since I don't have the source code of it's difficult to know why this showed up now.

Hi Simon,

sorry for the late response. The error message is accidentally logged as error message and cannot be switched off. This message is written if an application which is connected to the database forks and connects again. In this case the database determines that the application was already connected, writes the 'erroneous' error message and continues quietly. So, you do not have to worry about this message as this was not meant as error message. Unfortunately you cannot get rid of it as I already mentioned. We will change this with the next release.

Sorry for any inconveniences and for the late answer. I hope it helps at least a bit.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question