cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontract-External processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

The process I seek clarification in understanding is subcontracting using external processing activity.

My understanding is that the components assigned to an external processing activity that has subcon check box checked will have the assigned components in the sub-con PR/PO as subcon components.

I dont see that happening. The external processsing subcon PR/PO are not including the assigned components in the material tab.

If the components would be pulled to Material only when they are BOM, how would that be applicable in PS process?

Pls advise if I need to refine my understanding or if there is any key config that I missed.

Regards

Amal

Edited by: Amalvaz on May 25, 2011 5:30 PM

Edited by: Amalvaz on May 25, 2011 6:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material master we need to set the material as subcontracted material in MRP 2 view set special procurement as 30. and you can use internal activity in PS and assign this materail componet to that internal activity. A subcontracting PR will get generate

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have described is MM subcon, my query is on PP subcon scenario in PS external processing.

Regards

Amal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amalvaz,

I have a likely scenario in my company, the important components are that:

- The materials are in the project stock

- Both stock and non-stock mateterials

- A external processing activity will be use with material components that have reservation to the project stock

- A external processing activity with the subcon check box

- In PR the tab "Spec2000/SC" which have the flag "Special stock" and subcontracting type will be use.

- The ADSUBCON - Subcontractin monitor transaction will be use

- As you expect the the subcon PR will have components and a service

Im testing right now and can update you how is going for me. Right now I have a problem, the system say "Network xxxxxxx requires assignment to an activity number" but maybe I have a solution for this now.

Please update me if you come futher in this issue,

Best regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using external processing activities you can create suncontracted PR and PO. There will be purchase order for services you are expecting from your vendor for assembly or further processing of components. The issue of material will happen from stock and assembly or other services will happen at vendors place. All this processs will be handled through standard suncontract PO process of Material management. This is what I believe.. please let us know what is your process requirement.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario is that I have an external processing activity with material assigned to it.

The external processing activity would create a subcontract PR/PO when you check the subcon check box. So I have the subcon box checked.

When you have the subcontract PR created, in the item detail and material tab of the PR,the material that you assign to the external processing activity should be appearing as components to be issued to vendor when you click on the components button.

In my case, the subcon PR does not show components.

Is this not standard SAP function?

Regards

Amal