cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have following error encounter while exectuting the transaction code SOLUTION_MANAGER

"Profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly (see long text)".

We have this issue since system upgraded to support packages SPS25.

Solution manager system is not part of Domain system,its under workgroup.

Previous someone set the Parameter in instance profile and i have removed it and restarted the instance.

But still the Parameter pointing icm/host_name_full=Solman1 in ICM Monitor.

Could you pleae advise how to resolve this error.

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you restarted your server after made the change in profile parameter?

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes Offcourse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

then please check the parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL, does that set with the Full host name?

And please read the note also [Note 773830 - FQHN determination in ICM|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=773830]

once again check in RZ11 for the paramter icm/host_fullname? what is the value over there?

Jansi

Edited by: shivjansi on May 26, 2011 2:46 PM

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please, maintain the hostname with FQDN as for example

icm/host_name_full=Solman1.XYZ.XING.com

I think this parameter isn't dynamic switchable, maybe you'll need restart the instance to validate this parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateus,

System is under Workgroup. not part of Domain to congigure FQDN,

I tried with adding Host file with "Ipaddress solman1 Solman1.workgroup" and Maintianed the parameter icm/host_name_full=Solman1.workgroup in Instnace profile. With settings i dont have error while executing transaction code Solution_manager but cannot access the Maintanance Optimizer .

following Error encouter during access of solution optimizer url . http://solman1.workgroup:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=XXX

"Oops! Interenet Explorer could not find solman1.workgroup:8000"

After removing the parameter in Instance profile parameters and Host file parameter, i can access the URL but i have errore counter on the intial screen of Solution_manager Tcode.

Please advise

Regards

/Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

After removing the parameter in Instance profile parameters and Host file parameter,

i can access the URL of maintenance Optimizer but i have errore counter on the intial screen of Solution_manager Tcode.

ERROR: "Profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly (see long text)".

/Anil