cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill in for Me Substitution Rule - Why no offline approval mail to Deputy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in SRM 7.0 CS, i am facing the following question w.r.t. the substitution rule:

When a user (approver) creates the Receive my tasks substitution rule for a deputy, than, when ever there are new SC get ordered that need to receive an approval from the "original" approver, not only this original approver but also the deputy receives a the offline approval mail.

But in case the "original" approver maintaines the second substitution rule - the Fill in for Me rule, than no offline approval mail is sent out to the deputy.

Can you maybe help me out with a pointer regarding a possible root cause?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread moved to SRM - Workflow & User/Vendor/Org. Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

is there any idea or pointer to my questions available?

Thank you.

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is a answer , i think it may be useful.

If An agent is deligated, Original Agent and Deligated agent will get the item in WORKFLOW either it is SRM or Normal Workflow.

If not , clearly explain your question please, so that we can give an idea .

Balaji.T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji.T.

sorry for the missing clarity in the formulation.

What i usually see in my system is, that when a work item is created (in general) than on one hand this work item gets sent via the workflow to the (universal) work list of the responsible. And on another hand, there is also an offline approval mail that is being sent via an email to the approver. In that offline approval mail, there is a description of the shopping cart content and also a link included. Via that link the approver can branch out into the shopping cart itself, out of the offline approval mail.

So, the above described behaviour i see also, when the first of the substitution rules is used. The delegate receives both, the work item via the workflow into the work list. And also the offline approval e-mail.

But when the second substitution rule is in use, than there is only the distribution of the workitem to the work list of the delegate there. But the delegate does not receive the offline approval e-mail.

Thank you.

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

Infact, i did not understand about Second substitution, Can you mail your communcation no to my id. You can find my id in address information.

Then, you can get some ideas of mine..

Thanks.

Balaji.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have received the information in the meanwhile, that it is SRM standard that no (offline) approval mails are being sent out to the deputy in case of the usage of the second substitution rule.

The idea behind that seems to be, that in case of the usage of the second substitution rule, the deputy actively activates this rule and thus knows that there are possibly work items in his or her work list...so, no mail is required...

Thank you.