cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control for the budget in projects with Funds Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a scenarior that we are having an integration betweent the PS & the Funds Management. I had created the Project from the PS side, after that the budget to the project is based given through Funds management module by creating a each WBS as a funded program with fund center & the cost center.

Once they allocate the budget we can see only in the Funds management report not in the PS report & one more thing is i am not doing any budgeting in the CJ30. Now my issues is the availability control for the project is not activated wheni checked in CJBV.

I had done a configuration in budget profile the activation type as 2 & the % is 95%. In the tolerance limits i had mentioned the transaction group as '++' all activity group.

Kindly tell me how to activate the availability control for the budget for the projects. Kindly correct me if i had done anything wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have set up proper derivation rule (FMDERIVE) then I do not think any other budgeting or availability control on the WBS is required.

Please check with your FICO consultant who is dealing with IS-PSM will be able to guide you properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I think as you said if the FMDerivate rule is correct means the status of the WBS will be automatically BUDG & not necessary to create a budget profile & availability control in PS. One more point is once the budget is done in FM as per my knowledge it will not reflect in the PS reports directly.

I asked our Finance consultant to check it out.

If i am wrong kindly please update me.

Thanks for the reply

Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you're right. Good solution to plan in PS, copy to FM, where you can correct budget(if you're budgeting not only wise PS), and control budget only in FM. In this way you can see budget in FM and PS, and control in FM(more flexible then in PS)

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budgeting in PS and FM : If Budgeting is done in PS it is called as Cost Budget and if Budgeting is done in FM it is called as Payment Budget. we need to do budgeting in CJ30 also even though we do budgeting in FM, because IN PS it will have control on the expenses against the project like actual cost booking and commitments that are generated againt the project. This actual cost may occur through internal activity also apart from material procurement and external activity. Where as the budget in FM will have control on the outgoing payments we are doing againt the PO account assigned to project or to that respective Fund center. So if we want budtory control in PS we need to do budgeting in CJ30 also. Note: while consuming budget it consumes both at project level as well at fund center level, i mean value will reduce at both levels.

Thanks

reagards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can budget in PS, and then using standard program copy to FM where check budget. In this case you can see budget in PS and FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for ur reply. Can i know the standard program name? Is it possible to copy the budget from FM to PS when they will plan in the FM.

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, tcode FMCYCOPI_CO(FM9C for former budget). In tcode there is a documentation, you can read it.

You can only copy from CO to FM. The main reason is that you copy from CO only like a starting point of preparation budget.So after you can correct it, copy additional budget from GM etc

Edited by: alex ice on May 26, 2011 9:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you distributing budget from program positions to WBS elements? and is the WBS getting status BUDG?

Regards

Amal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply. no the status of the WBS is not getting any status as BUDG.... If it want to be done kindly let me know how it can be done.....

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S