cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of 100 connectable SAP gateways reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are just facing the "Maximum number of 100 connectable SAP gateways reached" in more than one SAP systems.

These systems have different levels like 6.40kernel, 7.00 Kernel,... etc.

No found sap note helped me out really. Actually we have to monitor these systems and delete the gateway sessions manually.

We did not change any of the parameters in our SAp systems. (lookes like the standard parameters of SAP)

This issue occured after a service window in our house and maybe some changes on the network. (Firewall?)

Is there anyone who knows what prevents a SAP system to end the gateway sessions.

We do not think that something with the SAP system went wrong, because this problem appeared in 5 systems at the same time. Thank you for any help

best regards

Georg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really can't tell whats causing the issue. but theres parameters available to deal with fallen connections in order to avoid sessions been hold by zombi connections..

In general have a look at,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7c/e75c6798dc40269fd7213ff01c9aa8/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please take a look at the following notes:

[Note 978078 - Maximum number of gateways reached|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/978078]

[SAP KB Article 1507034 - Max number of gateway connections / Maximum number of conversations exceeded|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D3135303730333426]

Regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg Bieber,

Increase the environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV (for example to 2000) on ALL servers in this landscape and check SAP note 887909

Hope it help you,

Thanks

Deepak R Patil

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check

rdisp/max_gateways

Regards, Bernd

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the vaue of parameter gw/max_conn. If it is 100 then increase it or you can define the auto timeout also for gateway connection.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

all systems I mentioned where running properly since month/years. because it happened in 5 systems at the same time

since network changes were done. So I think the cause must be another one.

Nevertheless the parameter gw/close_routes is set to 120 seconds.

Othwise I need to change at least 5 productive systems now....

best regards

Georg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If never happened before and its only showing after changes were done on your network side, then most likely is related to those changes (whatever they are)... have you check the gateway logs?... did it happened more than once or was an isolated incident?...

Regards

Juan

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Georg,

I think the new problem can be related with the parameter gw/so_keepalive. See SAP note 743888. Could be that the new network settings are influencing in the Gateway connections. Try setting gw/so_keepalive to 1.

Regards,

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

yes it happens frequentky now. Actually we monitor it and delete the gateway connection manually.

Regards Georg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As explained before theres options available to you to prevent zombie connections from staying alive, if this is a recurrent problem first I'll investigate what changes were done by your network team. Then I will look into testing the parameters in order to guarantee that you wont end with a connection overflow.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what we are doing in parallel with our network partner. We like to know what network changes were done. Maybe to clarify my original question , what does SAP gateway connection prevent from an network point of you to disconnect. What is the mechanism for disconneting.

Regards,

Georg

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

The key is the parameter gw/so_keepalive:

The parameter is usually set to detect network connections at an early stage that were separated according to inactivity by a firewall. For more information about the parameter, see the documentation in transaction RZ11 of the SAP system.

You can see notes 1578168, 1494757, 743888...

Please, set gw/so_keepalive to 1, as previously recommended.

Regards,

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we set the parameter gw/so_keepalive = 1 (active). This helps us out now to prevent running into limitation of the

gateway connections between our SAP systems.Nevertheless a discussion is going around where these type of parameter

has to be established. On SAP systems or on the firewall server. Are there differences if SAP takes care on it or the firewall ?

And how does tcp rfc connections gets handled ?

Thank you very much for our answers

best regards

Georg

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Georg,

The parameter is to be stablished in the SAP instance ( in every instance). Set in instance profile by transaction RZ10.

By setting this parameter by RZ11 or in SMGW is temporary.

I would recommend to you to see notes 1578168 and 743888 to know about gw/so_keepalive. See also the related note 1410736.

Best regards,

Rafa