Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Admin Client inconsistencies when adjusting security members

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have several SAP BPC 7.5 systems : DEV-QAS-PRD

DEV BPC server is conencted to BI DEV Server.

QAS BPC Server is conencted to BI QAS Server

When using the the common BPC Admin Client pointing on the DEV system some QAS data are displayed instead !

Here are the techical details of our BPC landscape :

TSAP BI 701 SPS 07 (abap server)

Add-on CPMBPC SPS 06 (abap server)

Windows server 2008 SR2 32-bit (.NET Server)

SAP BPC Version is 7.50.06

Microsoft IIS 7.0

We have the issue for example for the dimension CF_FORECASTITEMS

When I am conencted through the BPC Admin Client and I choose to maintain dimension member on the DEV system,

I have logically all my entries hosted on the DEV BI server. No problem so far.

But, If I choose in the same window, to adjsut the security on this dimension :

Security--> Member Acces Profile -->Modify Member Access Profile --> Profil Setup

Define Access right for the secured dimensions in the following application

Here, the entries of my QAS BI server are displayed !

• We tried to create dummy entries on the QAS BI server and they are displayed here.

• We tried to create dummy entries on DEV through the BPC Client (maintain dimension members), they are not dispalyed in DEV BPC Client Security/Member acess Profile Area area

• We tried to create dummy entries on QAS through the BPC Client, they are diplayed both on BPC Client/Member acess Profile Area.

We do not have the dysfunctional behaviour for all the dimensions, and all the applications.

I tired to reprocess the dimension on BPC client , it didn't help.

I tried to refresh the dimension member on BPC client , it didn't help.

I tried to clear the local application cache with BPC Offilce /excel Cleint, it didn't help.

Anyone has an idea ?

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each time you login to DEV or QA, are you logging in through the connection wizard?

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, everytime I change the destination server DEV or QAS , I reexecute the BPC Admin Client Wizard Connexion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to "my documents" folder in your system. You will see a folder named PC_NW. Try to delete that folder and relogin to BPC admin.

Hope this helps.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Nilanjan,

I deleted the directory PC_NW.

Afeterwards, I reconencted to BPC Admin Client, But now , when tryning to adjust the Security--> Member acess profile, I have the message : "There is no memeber cache file on the system, run Member Processing first ; dimension name CF_FORESACTITEMS". I checked on my windows computer, the dimension cache directory remains empty : (My Documents\PC_NW\Admin\BPCForecasting\AdminAPP\DimCache)

So, I subsequently executed the "Process Dimension" for CF_FORESACTITEMS : It didn't help.

I still have the message and the directory remain empty.

I choose "Refresh Dimansion Member" : It didn't help.

I have even maintain the dimension (added a dummy entry) through the BPC client. But I am still not able to adjust the Security--> Member acess profile.

It seems that I'm no more able to fill the dimension cache .... and the only way to maintain the Security for a dimension , is precisely through the dimension cahse ....

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance !

Regards

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did some others tests the whole afternon , this is what I've found out :

The cache of the dimension is refreshed on QAS every time I log on the the BPC Admin Client. (content of the folder dimcache is updated on my frontend computer)

The cache of the dimension is NOT refreshed on DEV when I log on the the BPC Admin Client (the content of the folder is not modified, this is why I get QAS data when loged to DEV)

I used the BPC Client connexion wizard to switch from DEV to QAS , and from QAS to DEV.

I'm not the only one facing the issue, I rebooted the BPC server, it didn't help.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not with the server. The problem is with the client.

Basically, whenever you login to an appset in any server, it downloads few files to your local system, "My documents", folder. You will see a folder, PC_NW. Under this there is a folder Admin, which will have subfolders with the names of the appsets, you have accessed. The problem you are facing is because the name of the appsets in both the servers is the same (am I right on this).

Please check the SAP note 1559920.

Hope this helps.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

First of all : THANK YOU

You are right the name of the appset/applications/dimensions is the same in DEV/QAS/PROD.

So unless we update our SAPCPMBPCCLNT Sofware component (as mentionned in the note) , the only solution is to change the name of the appsets ?

Doing that the dimcache direcory will be filled ?

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

If the name of the appsets are different, then there will be 2 different folders created for them. And there wont be any conflicts at all. I use my client comfortably with multiple servers, because the name of the appsets are different.

Answers (0)