cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the root of your orgchart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the Succession planning, Career planning, Manager and Talent Framework in Nakisa 3.1. When I log into below URL, it gives me the error "Cannot find the root of your orgchart". So far I followed the Admin guide for Succession planning.

http://hostname:port/Manager/default.jsp.

Cannot find the root of your orgchart. The orgchart box may have been deleted or incorrectly specified, or no valid org structure can be found for the selected effective date. Please change the root of the chart or select another effective date

Log file:

535. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:setorgchartdirectory [SAPMyIndirectReportsOrgChart, manager]. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor. Against controller OrgChartCtr

536. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner : ensurePool : Current pool size:0

537. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.integration.sap.SAPConnector : HRMSS_GET_ORGSTRUCTURE_AS_XML : com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: 'ashost' is missing

538. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: 'ashost' is missing

539. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - Bapi_Hroci.getDataSetBase() : java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.w3c.dom.Node.getNodeType() of an object loaded from local variable 'node'

540. 25 May 2011 16:26:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - setorgchartdirectory on OrgChartAppEventProcessor took: 197ms

541. 25 May 2011 16:26:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:refresh []. For processor FalconModuleControlAppProcessor. Against controller ModuleControlCtr

542. 25 May 2011 16:26:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - refresh on FalconModuleControlAppProcessor took: 31ms

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The errors show that no ASHOST is defined in your connection string. Can you verify that the SAPConnection has this defined properly (in the Data Center).

Also, if you are using the Manager application your SAP user should be assigned to a P object that is holder of Position that is a Chief (012 relationship).

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Could you please check under data connection your connection string?

It should be the SAP connection string.

The format of the connection string:

ASHOST=SAPONE SYSNR=02 USER=USERNAME PASSWD=welcome1 CLIENT=800

SAPONE = SAP host name

02 = system number

USERNAME = username

welcome1 = password

800 = client number

Also, maybe this is a permission issue, please double check that

the user that you are accessing SAP with has the correct permissions.

Give them SAP_ALL if nexessary to investigate.

Hope this helps,

kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke and Mathew,

String connectiion is properly set and the connection test is also working fine.

Also user have SAP_ALL access till we test everything so should not be permission issue. I think it may be related to what Luke has mentioen about the P object assigned to SAP user. I need to check with functional team about this as I am not sure.

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Have you setup the Security connection as well as the Orgchart connection?

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

As mentioned in my orginal query, I have just done the part of succession, career, talentframework and manger. I have not done anything in orgchart Admin console.

Please let me know if ORgChart is required for Manager.

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

When I refer to Orgchart I do not mean the SOVN OrgChart application, but the orgcharts in SuccessionPlanning etc (orgchart is the technical name for a structure, such as Organization Structure or My Org Units).

Best regards,

Luke