cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Maintain Table deduction: Multiple table selection for "No Transfer"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TDMS Experts,

Please provide the solution for the below 2 points.

TDMS SYSTEM LANDSCAPE DETAILS: DMIS 3.0 SP17, DMIS_EXT SP17 & DMIS_CNT SP10

Control System: client 200, Sender: client 125 (with prod data), Receiver: Client 300 (copy of SAP_UCSV). All 3 clients in same server.

Installed TDMS and all the configurations completed with Package setting phase successful.

1. In System Analysis phase - Maintain Table Deduction, I want to exclude thousands of tables as "no transfer" where I found option to change " no transfer" for individual table . For Testing purpose I would like to transfer only few tables where i do not required all the default selected "transfer" tables.

2. In Data trasfer phase - Start Deletion of data in Receiver system: This process running for a long time by scheduling jobs for each and every tables in receiver system, Is there is any option to avoid data deletion in receiver system or minimise the scheduled jobs.

Thanks

Chidam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chidam,

1. Not possible via TDMS.

even if i suggest that your abapers should write code for it it seems difficult considering how the segregation of the tables will be done. Ultimately it may jeopardize the complete thing.

2. via troubleshooter you can set the status of any activity.

but as i already said "BEWARE".

you will have to manually clear the data from the client by some other ways.

- Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Apart from Table deduction & receiver system data deletion, Please let me know the usage of

Maintain Rules for Conversion and Scrambling.

Thanks

Chidam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In normal scenario, TDMS transfer data from sender to receiver without changing it.Data scrambling is additional feature where you can write your own rules for data transfer for sensitive data tables. These rules are called 'scrambling rules.

sensitive data (like customersu2019 personal data or confidential financial information) is made anonymous and is not accessible to users of the non-production system. Scrambling rules may be either field-related (referring to a single field) or event-related (referring to two or more fields which are related). For field-related rules, assignment at domain level or at field level is possible.

TDMS doesnot delivers any scrambling rules. It provides you the platform where your developers can write their own rule.

The rules are only applicable for transparent fields.

You will find more detailed information in master guide and the process in TDMS operation guide. Both are available at marketplace.

- Niraj

0 Kudos

Hi Chidam,

1. Under maintain table reduction, you will be able to select the tables for no transfer. But many of the special tables for example the tables which are filled with fill header or many of the change document tables cannot be selected for no transfer strictly, those are special tables.

2.There is no way to reduce the number of job deletion jobs. Just as a workaround you can try to manually set the status of the deletion activity using troubleshooter (NOTE : considering you are just testing things now with few tables, it should not be done without prior recommendation from SAP). Make sure beforehand you delete the complete data from the receiver system by other methods.

- I will suggest to take a small time period and select from date accordingly and then make your test. so that atleast you should have consistent data across all functional area.

- Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Niraj,

Thanks for your quick reply and providing the solution to test under small time period for data transfer.

1. Yes i accept special tables cannot be selected and we can select one by one possible tables for "no transfer" . Selecting for 1000 tables to no-transfer to one-by-one will take huge time, I am looking for multiple selection for no-transfer.

2. Plese let me clear regarding " you can try to manually set the status of the deletion activity using troubleshooter".

Thanks

chidam