cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding Adress command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When Iam printing the address for European Coutry customers Using FROMCOUTRY parameter in Address commmand. its displaying some Letter with hyphen before postal code. I dont want to print the letter with hyphen like 'A-'. Please tell me how can i suppress thsi value.

Many thanks

Edited by: krish.p on May 25, 2011 3:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

That is the standard property of it. If you need that get manually and print .Just check the fields in address window and the table.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to what Brad said, the EU postal regs have a special format for when posting between member states. If the from and destination countries are flagged as EU members it uses the license plate code instead of the country. You can change this behaviour by changing the country settings in trn OY01. But the A- format is the correct one for Austria if the from country is also EU. It's just not what you may be used to.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to format the address manually. That indicator is the license plate code for the European standard address format. If you don't want it to show up, you need to check the 'Print country name' checkbox in the country code definition in the IMG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, this is normally not a matter of taste.

the ADDRESS statement formats the adress in a way according to the standard address format of this country.

But if you still dont like it or know it better, then you have to print those fields manually as proposed above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, instead of using Address node, try and read the address from the table ADRC directly in the internal table.

Loop at that table and write it using text element. Before writing that edit the hyphen sign and write it using text element.

Thanks,

Archana