cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track configuration for SCA deployment to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have a 4 system landscape (EPD, EPQ, EPS, EPP) and a NWDI System (JDI). At the moment there is a track configured as follows:

u2022 DEV = EPD

u2022 CON = EPQ

u2022 TEST = EPS

u2022 PROD = EPP

I would like to use CTS to deploy the assembled SCA file instead of CMS, and it is desirable for the request to originate from EPD then import into EPQ. Does this require the use of the u201Cdevelopment system onlyu201D flag for direct deployment to QA rather than consolidating before assembly?

Kind Regards,

Zach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

If you want to use CTS to deploy your assembled SCA files instead of CMS then...

Considering that your CTS system is properly configured with transport routes defined for...

u2022 DEV = EPD

u2022 CON = EPQ

u2022 TEST = EPS

u2022 PROD = EPP

1) You need to configure the track only with the Development as the only Runtime system selected, that will contain the information of your EPD.

2) Once you perform the assembly step, the SCA file that will be prepared will get automatically attached to the Transport request created in the CTS system.

3) then you can take that transport request forward to quality system.

4) Also you need to make sure that the "Connected to CTS" checkbox is selected and the CTS upload system value is also set correctly.

You will find this option under

>> Landscape Configurator >> Select your Track in the Tracks table on the left >> Track Data

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sheryas,

I've commented on your helpful comments. Thank you!!

> Considering that your CTS system is properly configured with transport routes defined for...

> u2022 DEV = EPD

> u2022 CON = EPQ

> u2022 TEST = EPS

> u2022 PROD = EPP

All systems in the domain controller (sid: CTS) are non-abap systems, and EPD is the source system. D->Q->S->P is the configured route.

> 1) You need to configure the track only with the Development as the only Runtime system selected, that will contain the information of your EPD.

The track will only have a Development Runtime System configured. However, this does not require checking the "Development System only."

> 2) Once you perform the assembly step, the SCA file that will be prepared will get automatically attached to the Transport request created in the CTS system.

> 3) then you can take that transport request forward to quality system.

> 4) Also you need to make sure that the "Connected to CTS" checkbox is selected and the CTS upload system value is also set correctly.

Assuming the CTS system (domain controller, nwdi, and non-abap systems) are configured correctly, I can register EPD as the upload system. This will place the released transport into EPQ's import queue.

Kind Regards,

Zach