cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning (Want to add interest calculation on unpaid invoices (open items)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement in dunning program. we would like to add interest calculation on unpaid invoices (open items) to our dunning letters. This interest should be not posted, but calculated only for information purposes. At this moment we can calculate interest only on cleared items.

anyone has any idea about this ? what possibilities are there in SAP for this requirement?

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal ,

I want to understand we have setting in Dunning FBMP and OB42. if i will set the interest in OB42 and Select the interest indicator in FBMP.! the interest will be calculated for open items and no posting will be done in customer A/c?

Will you please elobrate about the setting that will be required to do the setting as per the requirement.

Thanks,

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen.Rana on May 26, 2011 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

There are two types of interest calculation in FI. One is for dunning and the other is for actual interest calculation functionality. For your requirement i suppose only OB42 and FBMP is required. Also it will consider open items, calculate interest and will not post to accounts.

Thanks

Vimal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your Guidance Vimal.

Edited by: Naveen.Rana on May 27, 2011 5:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

System works exactly the way u said. It will calculate interest but will not post. But this will happen for open items which are not yet paid by the customer. Please check the OB42 , FBMP settings. Dunning program should chose the line items which are open and calculate the interest.

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

I'm a little confused.

Currently, Interest is calculated only for open/unpaid A/R Invoices during the dunning process.

You can use dunning leves to customize the behaviors.

Not sure if this is what you need.

Cheers