cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC user management

0 Kudos

I'm looking for a way to automatically add users to BPC and assign them the appropriate permissions. I plan on using an Identity Management system to create the account but can't figure out how to integrate with BPC. For example, in ABAP systems we can create the account and assign it groups; in the Portal we can add the account to Active Directory groups and assign permissions to the Active Directory group in the Portal. Is there anything like this for BPC? Any exposed webservices?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris,

If you want to automate the users and it's permisess you will have to have a bvast knowledge about the bpc tables that manage the users, there's the UJE_USER table that has the complete information of the user. There you can configure the user and the domains where they are avaliable, i think you will have to make an abap program for that kind of rutine. here in this document you can fin a little bit more of the bpc system tables /people/sheldon.edelstein/blog/2010/01/20/sap-businessobjects-planning-and-consolidation-version-for-netweaver--deleting-an-appset, I really don't know if there is a way to communicate directly to the active directory using a web service.

hope it helps,

0 Kudos

Thanks Guillermo. That helps quite a bit. It sounds like we could map tables and fields to create the accounts, provided we have a good understanding of the tables as you mentioned.

Chris

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would not advise to update the UJ* tables directly. Instead use the APIs. For examples of how to call those APIs, you can have a look at the program delivered with this HTG. Or you can simply use this program to create your users, and assignments. However, it does not handle creating the users in the Active Directory. It only creates users in the BPC system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0cdbccf-0def-2d10-298d-f4223de9a6ed

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich. I wasn't aware that program existed. We could probably integrate with the API or leverage that program using Identity Management System.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would use the SAP IDM Provisioning framework to create AD users as a best practice, particularly if the AD accounts will be working with SAP systems as well (back end authentication for example)

Matt

Answers (0)