Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert PO workflow

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have implemented the standard workflow PO BUS2012:is there a standard way to alert the buyer by a signaling or other that your boss,manager has released the PO?If there is not a standard way how could I bild this in a custom way?

Thanks in advance for your interesting

Bye

Massimiliano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you already had implemented the standard workflow with the bOR BUS2012 then you can easily alert any manager by again linking the same bor BUS2012 event RELEASESTEPCREATED.

WHat you can try to do is Create a custom workflow and a RULE to detemine the manager from PFAC txn. and then link this rule to a decision step in the custom workflow and for this workflow specify the START EVENT as above mention BOR and Event.

I hope you are already aware of all these steps... sorryy to repeat them again.

I hope there might be a standard task or workflow provided by SAP i found something interesting with respect to your query [thread|;

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 25, 2011 6:55 PM

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

first of all thanks:I have already built a custom wf WS99000001 RELEASESTEPCREATED(based on standard) and activated in SWETYPV,then in PPOME I have built all the organizational structure with agent ID etc...with the rule for Purch group,the task linked to a scheduled job to program RSWUWFML2, the e-mail arrives OK...

But I would bulid an alert system that when the manager release the PO the buyer receive a signal(not necessary a e-mail)that the manager has released

Is it possible to do this without a revolution in my wf structure in your opinion?

thanks thanks

Bye

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can check out in the transaction SWNCONFIG where you can send some kind of SMS or Pager messages.. But Iam not very much sure about like to configure them what kind of services you might require.

Regards

Pavan

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"But I would bulid an alert system that when the manager release the PO the buyer receive a signal(not necessary a e-mail)that the manager has released"

If this causes an event to be created then use it to start a workflow to send an email (as Viji suggested) if you don't want to change your current workflow.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

my custom wf is structured so:

- 1 step activity 000093 'Release of purchase order' with task TS20000166

- 2 step activity 000112 'Release of purchase order cancelled' with task TS20000167

Now, after activity Release of purchase order I should insert a step type 'Send mail' which send e-mail to my buyers: I have tried but it is not work ..please can you give me the leading steps to build this step?I have always used classic activity and by this step type I can not understand because there is no way to hook rules...

Thanks in advance really

Bye

Massimiliano

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a method that fetches the Buyer details including his mail ID.

Then use the FM 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1' in the same method to send the alert notification.

This should work.

Regards,

Raj

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Now, after activity Release of purchase order I should insert a step type 'Send mail' which send e-mail to my buyers: I have tried but it is not work ..please can you give me the leading steps to build this step?I have always used classic activity and by this step type I can not understand because there is no way to hook rules..."

If you can't use rules in the SendMail step then create a method to execute the rule and retrieve the agents first.

Are you getting an error message?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I should insert a step type 'Send mail' which send e-mail to my buyers:

There are actually two ways for sending a mail One is that just insert the send mail step and maintain the body of the mail in it and make sure you are using the right recipient type like if you want send a mail to some external address then make sure you choose the recipient type as EMAIL ADDRESS . If the mail needs to be sent to some multiple people then make sure you create a workflow multi line container element and populate all the email address into this container element and the assign this element in the email addresses section of the mail step.

If you want to send the mail to one of the organizational objects like for persons holding a specific position or JOB or to a specific organizational unit then you select the recipient type as Organizational object and you can even send it to the SAP inbox by simple selecting the recipient type as user .

The other way to do is create a custom method in the BOR and make use of function module which Raj has suggested in the above posts and just make sure you have to maintain you whole body content separately in some kind of text elements. You can create them from SO10 transaction and to read this text you have to call the FM READ_TEXT and then pass the content to the mail sending function module. But here in this case the problem is you ahve to make sure that the if the mail contains any dynamic fields then you have to populate them ..so

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 28, 2011 8:35 AM

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

firstof all tahnks:I'm trying to follow your tips in according to first way but I have difficulties:

- I don't know to insert in field 'E-mail Addresses in tab Mail-->the system give me always error

- In tab 'Control' I don't know wichh task choose:I have tried with task TS01400002 and TS01000054 and TS90000001 but thecheck binding send me blocking error..I should use just a task to send e-mail to buyers with informations about released PO and not incoming invoice material etc..and instead in this tasks these are always and I can not deleted them,also the string &ADDRESSSTRINGS& seems not be correct to pilot the buyers address e-mail

please can you give me the details of parametrize?

Thanksss

Massimiliano

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

please I'm using standard step activity 'Release of purchase order effected' with task TS20000168:please now I want to run this task just for some company code,I enter binding of the task and I select in the container of 'workflow column' the code &PURCHASEORDER.PURCHORGANIZATION.COMPANYCODE.COMPANYCODEID& but which valeu or expression must I enter right column 'Step release PO effected',any value I enter 8constant or other expression by matchcode)the system give me a blocking error..

Thanks again

Massimiliano

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is a blocking error?

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

the blocking error is 'Step 'Release of purchase order effected---il msg text is 'Container element 'PURCHASEORDER' does not exist'

What can I enter in right column 'Step 'Release of purchase order effected?

Thanksss

massimiliano

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I'm using standard step activity 'Release of purchase order effected' with task TS20000168:please now I want to run this task just for some company code"

That task returns a release code when you pass a purchase order to it. Passing a company code to it makes no sense at all.

What do you want to do?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick thanks,

with that task I should to inform buyers that the PO is released but just for certain company code and in the binding of the task I should parametrize a condition which actives this for one company code and not for others

Perhaps should I create a condition in the wf?

thanks again

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right...

Use a condition step in workflow..

Only if the conditions that you have mentioned are satisfied insert the task to send mail to notify the user..

Rgds,

Bharath

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It depends if you want to just avoid that step for certain company codes, or if the entire workflow is unnecessary for certain company codes.

If the former, then you'll have to create a custom task.

If the latter, then use a start condition on the workflow.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aromalr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard alert mechanism SAP . It uses Business objects to send mails/SMS . The t-code is ALRTCATDEF.

Regards

Aromal R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

better to contact Basis tteam,

Basis team will configure the alert mechnicam in slolution manager

Thanks&Regards,

Tigerbalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimiliano,

You can use the standard business object BUS2012 and method releasestepcreated.

This event will trigger when ever the PO is released.

In the workflow you can add the mail step and notify the corresponding buyer.

Thanks,

Viji.