Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal log on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I had an issue with Portal log on screen , we are using Portal 7.0

Here we are downloaded standard Portal log on par file ,and we rename that par file and done some changes for look and feel

Again we deployed this Cusomized par file , but here the thing is , what ever I done the changes its not reflecting to log on screen , still its showing standard lon screen

Need to change any setting , I am not getting still its taking the reference of standard log on par file

If any body have an idea please give your guidelines.

Thanks

Renu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How will it work if you have not created custom authschemes file and not mapped its reference in Visual Admin.

Whatever you've done till now is a half of the entire picture. As you're done with custom logon par deployment, you have to do three more configuration steps .

1) Download std. authschemes.xml file and replace the instance of std. logon PAR file name with the name of your logon PAR.

2) From configtool or offlineconfigeditor tool, create a file entry exactly at the node where std. authschemes.xml file exists and upload your custom authscheme_test.xml file

3) In Visual Admin, locate a property sheet of of security.core.ume.service. Locate the property Authscheme File. In the custom file input box, maintain the name of custom authscheme file, which may be authschemes_test.xml and click on apply custom button

4) You may have to restart the cluster or just try clearing cluster cache if it works. Otherwise cluster re-start is always an option.

What happens here is, when you call a portal from browser, it locates which authentication schems are to used from which file. Here we have replaced the std. file with our custom file. So instead of using std. authscheme file, it will use your file. In that it locates what logon PAR should it use to render the logon page, here as you've already replaced instance of std. PAR with your PAR file name, instead of rendering std. logon page, it will go on to show your custom logon page.

I hope it is clear now.

All the best with the configurations.

Thanks,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs , I will fallow the steps which is provided by All

I will let you know result soon.

Thanks

Renu

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renu

Please check the blog if you have missed someing.

Also check the deployed PAR file is avilable or not at System Administrator > Support>...

Best Regards

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply

I need to move bit forward, here the thing is we downloaded standard logon par file

we renamed that logon par file name and done customization according to client requirement

Now the customized par file need to apply , how can I do ?where I can assign ?

Why because sofar in this Project they done customization on Standard logon par file

I want to know where the configuration is happend for to cal standard logon par file

If we know where it is configure , we can configure there our Customized logon par file

please provide your inputs

Thanks

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Modify authschemes.xml to reference the new PAR file containing the modified logon UIs

-- In the authschemes.xml file, replace all occurrences of the string u201Ccom.sap.portal.runtime.logonu201D with u201Cmy.new.logonu201D in the tags <frontendtarget> and save the file. Edit the authschemes.xml file as described in Changing the authschemes.xml File.

-- Restart the nodes in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Source :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes yes...sometimes this thing gets stuck.......

do 1 thing...delete all temprary files from explorer...thne in new window open logon page.......then refresh this page after deleting temporary files.....

if this does not work...then restart j2ee engine......this will definitely work....

i hope you know how to delete temporary files from explorer...!! google it if not.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for you reply

I will do and I will let you know

Thanks

Renu

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To clear client side cache - clear your browser cache.

To clear server side cache - clear the HTTP cache from Visual Admin - HTTP Provider service.

A J2EE engine restart is not required.

Thanks,

Shanti