cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy with New Class and Char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have facing problem when creating the new release strategy for different country. i have create new Characteristic and class for new Release streategy.

when i going to add in Release group.. system giving the error.

Diagnosis

Here you can assign release groups to release classes. Only one release class should be used within the release groups for overall release and the release groups without overall release in each case. However, in this instance several release classes have been used.

My existing Characteristic for india :

ZP0_GNETW Total net order value CURR 15 2 INR

ZPO_BSART Order type (Purchasing) CHAR 4 0

ZPO_EKORG Purchasing Organization CHAR 4 0

ZPO_EKGRP Purchasing group CHAR 3 0

New Characteristic for South africa :

ZPOSA_BSART PO Order Type ATSA CHAR 4 0

ZPOSA_EKGRP Purchasing Group ATSA CHAR 3 0

ZPOSA_EKORG Purchasing Organization ATSA CHAR 4 0

ZPOSA_GNETW Total net PO value ATSA CURR 15 2 ZAR

ZPOSA_WERKS Plant CHAR 4 0

Please help me how do configure 2 release strategy for 2 country.

I will be very thankfull to u.

Regards,

Vishal Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not create separate Characteristic. Just play with existing Characteristic Purchasing Organization & Purchasing Group ( I believe both country have different Purchasing Organization & Purchasing Group), then design different release strategies for both the country with same release class & release characteristics.

OR 2nd option is go for having concept of creation of new Characteristic as Company Code & then design different release strategies based on company code.

Following Characteristic

ZPO_ BUKRS Company Code

ZPO_BSART PO Order Type

ZPO_EKORG Purchasing Organization

ZPO_EKGRP Purchasing Group

ZPO_WERKS Plant

ZPO_GNETW Total net PO value

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Biju K,

I can use exising Characteristic Like Purchasing Organization & Purchasing Group & Plant etc. But in the case of Net order value : ZPO_GNETW Total net PO value for my indian company Currency is INR and for My SA company currency is ZAR. What will i do in that case.

Please explain..

And aslo clear the concept of creation of new Characteristic as Company Code & design different release strategies based on company code. How i can do that..??

Please explain in details.

I will be highly thankfull to u.

Regards,

Vishal Garg

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use one currency USD instead of INR & ZAR (Indian company Currency is INR and for My SA company currency is ZAR)

OR go for new Characteristic ZPO_ WAERS Currency key

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means create new characterstic for company code.

Create 2 strategies for 2 company codes. Give INR for Indian company code and different currency for another company code.

Hope this will work fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagaraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

At the time of assigning the Class to release code, you can not have more then one class assigned to different release codes. that is the thumb rule.

if you want to have different release strategy for the different countries then choose the fields(Characterstics) in the Class from the Structure CEKKO, in such a way that it covers both the plants or countries.

but while defining the values for theses fields you can assign different values for different release strategy.

HOpe it helps you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan