Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Values not showing up when object is deleted and then re-added

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Universe I am connecting to a BPC cube using an ODBO connection.

This problem occurs with dimension objects.

When I create the Universe initially the list of values on a WEBI prompt for a dimension shows up fine.

However, if I were to delete a dimension object and then let's say refresh the structure and get the object back, I'm not able to get the list of values anymore.

I get the error "Some objects are no longer available in the universe. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00001).

The only way I can solve this is to create a new universe and rebind it to the same BPC cube, which is quite troublesome.

Any light on this issue would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

By List of Values here you mean list of values in the prompt.. right?

If I am getting it correct then you need to update the prompt definition manually to reflect it properly in the report. Because the

object which gets generated after refresh have different object id.

Also, if you have dragged this object in the result pane then also you will get the same error. The only way is to update the

query/objects manually or create a new universe and point the report to it.

Regards,

Rohit

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry let me put the steps in to clarify the issue that is occuring.

1. Create Universe from BPC ODBO connection

2. Delete class or dimension by deleting it from the universe or from the BPC app (This will cause the list of values not to show up once we put it back in)

3. Put the dimension/class back in by refreshing your universe structure

4. Now create a new WEBI report using the universe that had the delete/undelete done to it.

5. You will get the error I mentioned in the beginning of the thread when you try to prompt for a list of values.

"Some objects are no longer available in the universe. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00001)."

Please keep in mind that I am not modifying an existing report so no we are not dealing with any object reference issues here.

Thanks

David

Edited by: davidlai on May 25, 2011 5:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting.

Sounds like the feature with SAP BW where if you change a BW Query you have to build your universe from scratch.

Firstly, check if your products are covered under the PAR file for your version of BO. If they are, then I'd raise it as a ticket (SAP case) with your BO support provider.

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

So I guess this is a known issue then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know. I'm just suggesting that it sounds similar to the problem I had last month with SAP BW reporting.

Firstly, check that your target platform is supported for the version of BusinessObjects that you're on.

This section of the SAP Support Portal will show you:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000726096&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

If it is supported, raise a ticket; if it isn't then you may need to raise a ticket to see if your setup is supported on any BOBJ versions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each dimension object built in the universe has what has been referred to as a magic id. This is associated with that version of the object only. If you delete Order Number and create a new version of the same object, it will have a different magic id and different list of values.