cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

items for buy AND produce

0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I am a Business one 2007 user.

If I use one itemcode for both "buy" and "produce" as needed, would it cause any problem in future?

Our SAP B1 partner suggested me not to and make each code for buying and producing.

He said I won't be able to distinguish which items are bought and which are produced and also it will cause problems in accounting.

As far as I know, if I use items manages by "warehouse" basis, no problem would occur.

In real world, we really buy and produce for certain items at the same time.

What is the best way for this circumstance?

thanks in advance.

Edited by: Gun Tae Kim on May 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please close your thread.

0 Kudos

Thanks All.

I will copy this thread to show my partner.

This forum is excellent!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

In fact, there is no standard answer for your question. In my opinion, one itemCode is better than two in term of inventory control and management. There is an issue to distinguish them from accounting point of view. However, you can use query or any reporting tool to find the detailed transactions.

It is more efficient to use one code. Your idea is better than your partner.

However, your accounting department is the final decision maker if your business process demanding two codes.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim ,

after production or buying, is that item treated as sale item or ram material for other FG?

if it is sale item then your company should be under trading companies. Because you are buying and saling same.

You can make single itemcode for both but ensure above.

Regards

Manoj S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

your solution is seems to be fine...

As you said,you will maintain separate warehouse for buying and separate warehouse for producing the items...

It seems good but SAP is an integrated process so you have to think about the consequences of the above process.