cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective deletion on info cube taking long time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a cube with line item dimension and partioned on Fiscal year. When we are doing selective deletions on the cube on 0fiscper (removing the old redundant data) it is taking quite long time (approx 10 hours) to do this selective deletions as there is huge data in the E fact table ,Request older than 4 days are compressed in the cube and it has some millions of records in this table.

Is there any way we can improve the performance of this selective deletion? Any improvements suggestions we are on sap BW 3.5 system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is very specific .

I recommend to check if there are defined matching indexes which fit to the where clauses of the delete statements. This will make the access to the record most effient.

All other indexes need to be just deleted for the time-being and re-created after the clean is completed. This will save the time for updating the indexes.

The deletes should be performed in bulks - i.e. many, e.g. 25, 100, more at once. If deletes sqls are send from ABAP to database one by one there is huge overhead in the network traffic time.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manohar_pappireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha Jhawar,

I am also facing the same issue.Could find the solution for it?

Please let me know your problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Manohar