cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Web intelligence reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement that building logic into some of the BO Web intelligence reports which changes the header branding logo so that it is different based upon the data being reported upon

(i.e. I run a report for the Education department and the Education logo appears, I run the same report for Social Services department and a different logo appears).

Have you ever come across such requirement or any idea how can we achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please follow below steps.

1. Store the required logos under BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\images folder located in BO Installation.

2. Edit your WEBI report.

3. Drag a blank cell onto report and specify background image for the cell from properties tab.

Image from URL: boimg://Picture1.png

4.Drag another blank cell onto report and specify background image for the cell from properties tab.

Image from URL: boimg://Picture2.png

5. Create a Variable Var1 which captures Prompt value using "UserResponse" function

e.g. if UserResponse('PromptText') = "Education Dept" then 1 else 0

6. Select first cell and click 'Show/Hide Filter Pane' button. Pull Var1 and specify equal to 1

7. Select second cell and click 'Show/Hide Filter Pane' button. Pull Var1 and specify equal to 0

Now based on your Prompt value, either Picture1 or Picture2 is displayed.

If your prompt has more than 2 depts, then repeat steps 3,4,6 accordingly by changing Var1 accordingly.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate more about how this can be achieved?

depending upon the input parameters we need to change the logo on header bar...

Thanks for your reply..

Best regards,

Sandeep.

Edited by: SANDEEP1988 on May 25, 2011 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logo is typically held as a url that is formatted as an image.

If you know the url for the image for each department then you can have that departments url

What you may have is a database table with the department names and the urls for their logos. Create that as one data provider (LOGOS) from that table, making the url column a detail object and the department name as the dimension.

Your main report data provider (DATA) can then merge on Department Name and you can have the image variable be something like:

=[image url]

That may not be exact because I don't know what your data environment is like but it gives you a good idea how to go about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several options.

Do you have the logo urls stored anywhere as a string in a database?

If so, you could just return them as part of the query and have the image cell populated that way.

Either that or use alerters if there aren't many options.