cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency exchange rates from ERP to CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

We have currency exchange rates entered daily in ERP system. We have a need to have it in CRM system. Are there any standard ways (customizing, background jobs) for doing it?

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use adapter object DNL_CUST_BASIS3 for initially downloading Exchange Rates from ECC to CRM.

Then maintain the function module CRS_CURRENCY_COLLECT_DATA in table TBE31 for the event RBUS1093 (note 761420) on the ECC system to simulate a delta flow of currency to CRM.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for your answer, it's very helpful! Though, I'd like to know some details about cross-system data exchange.

I ran R3AS transaction to start initial loading. There was a message "Initial load is started". But how this loading may be monitored? How can I know it completed successfully?

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin.

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To monitor the initial loads please use the transaction R3AM1 and enter the object name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that's really it!

I see the adapter in monitoring transaction, but seems like it doesn't send anything. Is this approach based on BDocs? If it's so, then what BDoc type should be assigned to DNL_CUST_BASIS3 adapter? There are a number of BDoc types that are named similarly with other adapters (like DNL_CUST_CREDIT, for example), but there is no such a match for DNL_CUST_BASIS3.

And if subscriptions should be customized for source in target systems in Administrative Console (transaction SMOEAC)?

Your advice is very valuable for my project.

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin.

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DNL_CUST_BASIS3 belongs to class CUSTOMIZING and doesn't have any linked BDoc type.

which means that the incoming data from ECC would be directly written in the tables by the respective modules called in the flow.

In R3AM1, what is the status of DNL_CUST_BASIS3 ? is it DONE? or RUNNING?

If you say that the tables TCURR and TCURV have not been filled after running DNL_CUST_BASIS3(with a status DONE in r3am1), do you see any dumps on your CRM system? (Txn. ST22) or maybe some dumps in ECC?

You can have a look at Note 402591 - Download Customizing object DNL_CUST_BASIS3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We had done with DNL_CUST_BASIS3 object by correcting some RFC settings. So now initial load goes well.

We now have problem with implementing note 761420 - Delta load exchange rates. Our administrators had done all the setting for functional modules and TBE31 table. So after that I add a new exchange rate in R/3 via TB08 transaction, save it, and nothing happens. Except of the transport request is being created. I check the TB08 in CRM system and see no sign of the newly created currency exchange rate.

So please, tell us how do the rates from R/3 are going to be transported to CRM system? With a transport request, or any other way? And how can it be monitored?

Thank you for your valuable advice!

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin.

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see note 761420 and 1126921 to implement the DNL_CURR_DELT BDoc and the DNL_CURR_DELT adapter object. Afterwards please check if an entry 'DNL_CURR_DELT0XX' (where 0XX can be any client like 066) exists in table SMOG_MAPTR.

Here you need to change the entry (old entry with 0XX -> please change it to 000). Additionally please check table SMOG_TRANS for BDoc Type 'DNL_CURR_DELT*'.

Then maintain the function module CRS_CURRENCY_COLLECT_DATA in table TBE31 for the event RBUS1093 on ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked note 761420 and it's implemented correctly. Note 1126921 is also implemented: DNL_CURR_DELT adapter is created, and the Bdoc type is assigned to it. On the "Mapping Modules: R/3 to CRM" there were no CRMC_TCURR_MAP_TO_BDOC module, so I added it with "Call Order" = 1. All the corrections for DNL_CURR_DELT_VAL module are implemented.

In SMOG_MAPTR there are two values:

TR_SNAME_______|_MSGSTR

-

DNL_CURR_DELT__|_DNL_CURR_DELT000

DNL_CURR_DELT__|_DNL_CURR_DELT006

Is it the correct situation? Or the second value should be changed to "DNL_CURR_DELT000"?

SMOG_TRANS table contains needed value for DNL_CURR_DELT.

So I add a new value in OB08 transaction in R/3 system, a transport request is created. I save the request, but not transport it anywhere. Then I enter OB08 transaction in CRM system and don't see the value I entered. In CRM system I also don't see the DNL_CURR_DELT Bdoc type messages in SMW01 transaction. Can these Bdocs be monitored in R/3 system somehow? I need do define, where is the error: in R/3 or in CRM.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I right saying that for copying exchange rates from ERP to CRM one need make BDoc customizing in CRM transactions

R3AC4 - Customizing Events in R/3 Back-End

R3AS4 - Synchronize Objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last I have changed values in SMOG_MAPTR table to contain only "DNL_CURR_DELT000".

Now I've activated Synchronization ware in CMWC_SMW transaction (thanks to the thread ) and run R3AS4 transaction to actually start synchronization. But I can't find DNL_CURR_DELT in the list of available object. Could you please explain, how can I find this object?

Kind Regards,

Alexander Smirnyagin

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transaction R3AC3 to find adapter object DNL_CURR_DELT. And check if it is marked as active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In R3AS3 transaction DNL_CURR_DELT object is active. In SMWP transaction I see that one of the functional modules of this object was generated with error: " /1CRMGC/DNL_CURR_DELT_CON:Type "DNL_CURR_DELT006"is unknown "

I see this strange DNL_CURR_DELT006 type is in module's properties on "Changin" tab:

CHANGING

REFERENCE(BDOC_TYPE) TYPE DNL_CURR_DELT006

If this issue may be resolved on our side, or should involve SAP Support?

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like some gneration problems.

I guess it'd be better if you can ask SAP support to look into this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I will send a message about DNL_CURR_DELT object.

I found out that also DNL_CUST_CURREN object may be used for exchange rates synchronization. This object is generated successfully in our system. In R3AS4 transaction (Synchronize Objects) I select this object, select the Source Site as R/3 system RFC connection and Destination Site as CRM system RFC connection. And when I click Execute button, I get an error message SMOF144 "Please specify source and destination Site". I have checked that all the RFC settings are correct in SM59 in both systems.

Could you please advise on how does this error may be resolved? And if Subscriptions are needed for RFC connections to transfer exchange rates?

Thank you!

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, DNL_CUST_CURREN is used for CRM -> CDB transfer of exchange rates and not R/3 to CRM(which needs to be done via DNL_CUST_BASIS3).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've searched through the help topics and found out that a list of possible Sender and Receiver system is kept in SMOFINICON table. So there are the following values for the adapter objects connected with currency exchange rates:

DNL_CURR_DELT_____| R/3 -> CDB

DNL_CUST_BASIS3___| R/3 -> CRM

DNL_CUST_CURREN__| CRM -> CDB

DNL_CUST_CURREN__| R/3 -> CDB

We need exchange rates to be transferred from R/3 to CRM. So can we edit this table for DNL_CURR_DELT adapter (as it contains the exact tables we need) to be transferred this way? Or we should just use the DNL_CUST_BASIS3 adapter?

Thank you!

robert_smith9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit, this worked for me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried manually changing values in SMOFINICON table, but it didn't work. So we just quit using BDocs and started using IDocs. So we used the standard report RFALEX00 and this useful thread for making all the needed customizing: