cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

could you please help me to keep the filter automatically when the report scheduled to excel format? I mean in excel we have filter option in Data->Filter-> Auto Filter it is manual but client wants to see the filter whenever he received the scheduled report via mail automatically.

any help greatly appreciate

Thanks inadvance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't possible using just export to Excel. There isn't the option in Webi to have filter buttons on each column header in any case, but Webi exports to Excel as an Excel-formatted file, not a true Excel file.

What you would probably need to do is to use Events and set up an Excel macro to run after the file has been created to add the auto-filters, then another step to email the report to the recipient.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion but can you please assist me how to achieve this?

have you ever did this? if yes please share your knowledge how to do this

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not done this exact thing but something similar years ago when BO scheduling wasn't up to much. We used a different product that put a report as Excel into a network folder, then ran a DOS batch script to open up an Excel file that contained the macro to open the report file and add filters to the headings as well as tidying up the column widths.

Answers (0)