Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async-Sync-Async Bridge Without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

I have a requirement as

u201CAn Asynchronous SOAP request is triggered to PI and then should get records from a (JDBC)database and write the result to a fileu201D

It is of Aync-Sync-Async Bridge and i have to do without BPM

I know by using some module parameters at sender communication channel we can do this.

But my query

1)Is that for SOAP sender communication channel can we provide the same module parameters

Number - ModuleName - Type - ModuleKey

1- AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 1

2- CallSapAdapter-Local Enterprise Bean - 2

3-AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean-3

Parameters

ModuleKey - ParameterName - ParameterValue

1 - passThrough - true

3-receiverChannel - Receiver File Adapter Name

3-receiverService - Receiver Business Service/ System

2) Does the SOAP support the without BPM scenarios

3)Scenario is like Soap --> JDBC -->File (Async - Sync - Async) and how abt for Soap --> RFC -->File (Async - Sync - Async)

Thanks in Advance

Lemon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your requirement , you can handle this scenario without BPM in two ways.

1) Async sync bridge without BPM. You are going to use request response bean and one way response bean module to achieve this. very simple. See this [link|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)]

In the sender SOAP channel you have to configure first request response bean, second callsapadapter and third onewayresponse bean. Refer this link. Simply follow file sender configuration for your soap sender or RFC sender.

Note: one receiver agreement , one receiver determination, one interface determination. only two receiver channels one jdbc and one file.

2) You can create SOAP to File asynchronous. Using quality of service EO and creating service interface asynchronous mode. In the mapping area do JDBC lookup. If your version is 7.1 then this lookup is available. This is pretty simple no need to do async to sync pattern.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would not need to use BPM or the RequestResponse bean for your scenario.

Design the scenario as SOAP to File and do the JDBC lookup from within the message mapping. If you are on PI 7.1 EHp 1, then there is a standard JDBC lookup function available in your GUI mapping. Else, you would need to write a UDF to do the lookup from within your mapping.

Hope this helps.

Regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

An Asynchronous SOAP request is triggered to PI and then should get records from a (JDBC)database and write the result to a fileu201D

You can do it like this:

JDBC
        |(synch)
SOAP -> PI -> FILE

The records from the JDBC can be retrieved via JDBC accessor or graphical JDBC lookup in message mapping. No need to use BPM. Here is a blog for doing lookups:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on May 25, 2011 12:11 PM