Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side effect after update from SP22 to SP26

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I've updated my Solution Manager sandbox system with the latest packages (SP26), using SOLMAN_SETUP for updating critical notes. Then later I tried to test Service Desk scenario and it showed me "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system" (SOCM_ACTION_LOG011). As recommended in help for this error:

Procedure for System Administration
Check the maintenance landscape for the current system in SAP Change Manager. Open a new maintenance cycle if necessary.

I go to my project and started check function. It gives me the information that my BCSets are not activated, although I've activated them before (while was working with this [issue|😉 and I see that BCSets' logs contain information about activation. Ok, I thought that system is going crazy and activated BCSets once again. Information about log activation looks fine. But during Checks in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN I get error about inactive BCSets...

Has anybody faced with this problem? Thanks God I performed implementation on independent sandbox, but how to implement SP and notes on real system?

Update:

While creating new maint.project I have faced with the BCSets problem... Despite on activated (with yellow/green status) BCSets, Check function shows me that BCSets are not active...

Yellow message says on step Check in project: No activation logs for BC Set ***

All viewed notes describe similar problems, but notes are out of day...

What could it be? Is it new feature?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Edited by: Artem Ivashkin on May 25, 2011 4:15 PM

Edited by: Artem Ivashkin on May 25, 2011 4:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I have seen that "BC Sets not activated" error too and generally ignore it because the BC Sets really are activated (there must be a bug somewhere in the way it checks the activation, but I have not seen this documented -- would be interesting if any other readers have experience/answer to this). So I would not get sidetracked too much with the BC Set activation; I suspect your problem is elsewhere.

Can you be more specific about the landscape (logical components and SMSY entries) and IBase entries involved, and how you are using them? You said you are using Service Desk but your error message sounds more like you are using ChaRM? Assuming this is ChaRM, do you have a project defined with the appropriate logical component, is a maintenance cycle created and is it in phase "In Development With Release", etc?

Jon

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

I thank you Jon for reply. Regarding your questions:

Can you be more specific about the landscape (logical components and SMSY entries) and IBase entries involved, and how you are using them?

Landscape consists of one system - SolMan with 4clients: 001 - ServDesk/ChaRM, 200 - Cust, 230 - Test, 250 - Product. Component Z_SOLMAN_COMP includes 200, 230 and 250 clients. IBase describes all clients (001-250)

You said you are using Service Desk but your error message sounds more like you are using ChaRM?

Of cource, this is my blunder. I meant ChaRM, ServDesk I wanted to write as precondition for ChaRM, but lost my thought

Assuming this is ChaRM, do you have a project defined with the appropriate logical component, is a maintenance cycle created and is it in phase "In Development With Release", etc?

You are totally wright. I've created new project with Z_SOLMAN_COMP component, maintenance cycle created (M*31 and ServDesk message created), phase is not in "In Development With Release" yet.

What's interesting I had created project before upgrading to SP26, and all worked fine (thread with resolved problem in my above post): processes goes well. But after SP26 my project was broken and I created new one. Another interesting thing is that the similar (not the same) problems were in notes from 2004, 2007 etc.

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Very interesting -- next time I do an SP26 patch I will keep an eye out to see if this happens.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well...I don't want to acсuse SP26 in my woes, but seems that my issue with "No maintenance cycle is open for the current system" related with it.

I've checked my previous project and found one difference - I created Ugent corrections for old project. Today I've tried to create Normal corrections for the new project. As I've found this difference I've tried to simulate the same situation (create Ugent corrections) for the new project, but the issue is not in type of Subject. I got the same error: No maintenance cycle is open for the current system. But before for old project I created them without any issue (I got H01 list binded with M011).

I've surfed all the Internet with Google and have not got any useful advices. Except [this|;, but xavier advices didn't help me too...

Does anybody know what could I try to do? Recreate project with 9 of [this|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/junior/view/wlg/15116] didn't help me as I mentioned before....

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Some words are changed intentionally because of sndcheck

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sure you've checked this but...you're not accidentally selecting Normal Correction (Implementation) instead of Normal Correction (Maintenance) are you? This happened at a customer site once and I went on a wild goose chase until I caught the mistake.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I'm not I'm sure that have selected Normal Correction. In my transaction 8*152 I see in subject IBSDCR00010020 Normal Correction (Maintenance).

Seems that I should open message

Thank you Jon for help

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Answers (0)