cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing archiving on few old DSO,

The DSO has 43 GB of data, After archiving , the file system occupied 49 GB.Is it normal that file system can take more GB than Actual?

The DSO had 43 GB , It further has split.15 Gb in index and remaining in actual size. What should i consider as the total size of DSO ?.Is it 28 Gb or 43 GB.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the size is supposed to be lesser one from the actual size but it depends on the archivel tool and the underlying storage.

Even you can think of deleting the DSO index as it is consuming lot of space, but this step should be taken only when there is no read access to data. If you have infrequent read access then you should not delete the index.

In actual system the size of the DSO will be combination of Index as well as actual data.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally archive file size is less than database size. It is unlikely to experience like your case. For better understanding can mention the archiving object used?

Table & its index put together will be the actual size of a table. You should consider Table size as - 43GB.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me which tool you are using to archive is it ADK or any 3rd party tool like NLS?

Regards,

Ganesh Wathare