cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get employee working location info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where my customer wants to track the working location of the employee. For example, if the employee is working from home, or working in Head quaters, or working at clients place.

How can we achieve it. I haveheard of some agile solutions which SAP has provided for the same.

Can somebody let me know the best way to achieve it.

Thanks & Regards, Swapnil Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have object in OM called Work Center (A) using that you can achieve this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate your solution with my example mentioned in the above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Please use communication infotype 0105 for the pupose. Create a subtype called Work location and update the data as and when required.

Regards,

Prabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Ways to take care of your scenario :

1. Maintain Office Address in Master Data(PA level) - IT0006. This can also be maintained for Concurrent Employment.

2. Using OM Work Center Object(A). Through PP01, you can create work centers assigned to Org unit or Positions. Your EE will be Assigned to this position. Hence possible to track his Work location.

Let me know if you need more inputs.

Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Rohan said, you need to create work center using PP01 and assign it to position.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to create a custom field in 0001 infotype called " work location" also design PA and PSA in support to this field.

good luck

rafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for your reply. But can you elaborate it more.

Like I want to track which of all my employees are working from home, which are in HQ and Which are at client location.