cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in quality control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i have a doubt and i hope you can clear it.

my customer want that for movement type 531 and 945 (custom movement) the stock is posted automatically into quality control as per MvT 101.

i know that this is done througgh inspection set up in quality management view in master data, but these 2 movements are made on finished goods and they have not a task list,so they don't check "inspection setup", but check "Post to inspection stock" ; unfortunatly this is not working for finished goods.

how can i tell to sap to move the goods in quality control?

thanks.

C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi C,

To start with, a material doesn't have to have a task list in order to be able to have "inspection setup".

Mvt 531 is allocated to insp. origin 05. Each insp. origin has several insp. types defined in customising (in std SAP only insp. type 05). Make sure you have one of these insp. types included in the "inspection setup" of your material and marked as active there. This will make an insp. lot to be created at the time you post 531.

Then, in the lower part of the screen there, please make sure the flag "post to insp. stock" is marked. With the flags "insp. with task list", "insp. with mat. spec." and "insp. by config." you instruct SAP how the inspection characteristics shall be allocated to the insp. lot. If you don't want to have any results reporting (no characterisitc), don't mark any of these flags.

Hope this was clear enough.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, even for finished goods i have to maintain the ins. set up as 05, is that what you are writing?

thanks

C.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if you want the system to post the by-product to the quality insp. stock. Please note that from this moment on, other movement types that are linked to insp. origin 05 may trigger an insp. lot and move the stock to the QI.

This will not be the case for mvt that explicitly prescribe posting to other stock type, e.g. 501, or having QM deactivated in trs OMJJ (view "Deactivate QM...").

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Raf i will let you know the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

i've tried what you said but it does not work.

i've inserted the insp. type 05 in the insp. set up field however if i do for example MB11 the inspection lot is not created and it does not post the quantity into quality control.

am i missing something?

thanks

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, now it works!

thanks Raf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

In the material master purchsing tab tick the checkbox for post to quality inspection.

Check and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i will try and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no option Post to quality stock, yes, one option is there and that is:Post to inspection stock.