Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple comapny codes check (user parameter?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, My client have the scenario:

Example:

There are 5 company codes: A, B, C, D, E

We implemented the authorization concept, using roles and profiles.

The user X have authorization for (example) tcode FBL5N and company codes B, C and E.

When executing the tcode, the user does not inform the company code and want to see the results for all company codes that he have authorization.

When executing the transaction, the system report an error of no authorization for company code "A". And does not present any result.

Apart from the solution of creating an user variant with all company codes that the user use to check, there are other way?

Can anybody help me on this matter?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Demétrius

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This has to do with how a transaction handles auth. checks internally, and the behavior is transaction-specific. Some transactions perform checks on selection parameters and fail immediately if at least one check if unsuccessful, others delimit selection parameters, yet others run the selection and filter results based on auth. check.

I can only suggest that you have your users enter selection parameters and act appropriately on missing auth. messages they get, that is, they adjust their selection to match.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Demetrius,

We can use BUK parameter to default one particular company code for the user in tcodes thereby prompting him/her to add further more in the selection criterion if required.... But otherwise reports which have non-authorized org values throw errors and such issues are possible candidates for User traininings...

Would be interested if we have any more inputs on this query ...

~Sri

0 Kudos

I agree with Sri and Martinsh, this is a training issue which you are trying to find a technical solution for.

0 Kudos

I've been wandering the search for 'FBL5N' as others have done previously (FI not my strong point) and the user can create a local - not global variant to store their own set of companies. I've no access to SAP to check but these tranactions that default to a "beggar off - you are missing some access so you ain't seeing nuffink" are either a good thing or a bad thing...

I suppose it at least alerts you to the fact that you are missing some vital org/activity so you have to fix it rather than running the report and getting what you think is a full list (some give what they are allowed, some explain that they could display x number of y records and this one appears to be the 'nuffink' option...

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on May 25, 2011 5:06 PM

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the user does not inform the company code and want to see the results for all company codes that he have authorization

Does this means users are not aware of there responsibility? Or they are working independently?

Anyway as others mentioned either variable/parameter(can enter one entry only) can help to some extent.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Everything told here we've had already implemented. I was just wondering some different solution.

I'll keep this question open for a while. If there is no solution I will close that next week.

thanks again for your time!

regards,

Demétrius