cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote capable FM to read manufacturing materials for company material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a remote capable FM that allows me to read the manufacturing materials for company materials.

Normal (not remote capable) FMs I found so far are MARA_READ_BMATN and MARA_SINGLE_READ_BMATN.

Are there any remote capable FMs out there dong the job?

An alternative approach could be to do a batch search for all HERS materials with a given BMATN, just like the search help MAT1MPN (but without a UI).

Is there a remote capable FM that allows querying/listing of HERS materials for a given BMATN number?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not quite sure if I interpreted your query correctly, but you can check with -> BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks a lot for your quick response!

Let me re-phrase the requirement:

for a given company material, I need the list of manufacturing parts (HERS materials). As there is not only one manufacturing part per company material, the relationship is not captured in the MARA-MFRPN field of the company material, but instead the company material is referenced all its manufacturing (HERS) materials in the field MARA-BMATN.

The problem is to get a list of MPN material numbers for a given company number.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt there is a std. rfc enabled FM for that.

Why not write a custom rfc enabled FM for your need? It should provide the info you looking for. I believe it should not be much effort to get that working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I too would guess it boils down to that. Yet, the hope dies last

Maybe there is still some SAP expert out there who would know...

Many thanks

Michael