Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop scrolling on screen

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created screen which is big enough for scrollbars to show up. Problem is that when user move down to change some field and he enforce PAI to being executed (by example by pressing F4), scroll is returning to it's initial position. How can I make it stop from returning back to initial position? I think that I've read about command to do this, but I can't remember what was it.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor

Hi,

you can set this attribute in SE51 for your screen. There is an option "Hold Scroll Position".

Regards,

Klaus

5 REPLIES 5

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try SET CURSOR for the field which you last triggered PAI for?

I think that I've read about command to do this, but I can't remember what was it.

Maybe you are thinking of ALV's method SET_SCROLL_INFO . Sometimes you hear the bellring but you don't know which church it is

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

No it's not it. SET CURSOR is used to move on lists not on screens. I thought that maybe SCROLL command can help me, but again it's used to move on lists 😕

I think I've read it in "ABAP Language Reference" book and there was nothing about ALV. Unfortunately I have no access to this book anymore. I think it was rather command used in screen flow logic then in ABAP code, but as I said I'm not sure anything here.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

former_member195402
Active Contributor

Hi,

you can set this attribute in SE51 for your screen. There is an option "Hold Scroll Position".

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Module Pools have been my bane since the day i "tried" to learn them ... And i say tried, because i failed to understand

0 Kudos

I knew it, I knew it. I've seen this when I've checked options of screens about 1month ago (since till then I was always ignoring them). That's why I remembered that this is not ABAP, but something connected with screen. Thanks Klaus.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk