Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.20 - prevent EndUser to use "Reset"-Button in SAPGUI Option Dialog

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning,

we use SAPGUI for Windows 7.20 PL6 HF2 on Windows7-Workstations.

Some SAPGUI-Options are defined centrally (e.g. Security settings, DocumentLifeTime, ShowAdditionalTitleInfo,...) and were distributed to all EndUser-Workstations.

Tthe EndUsers should'nt be able to change or delete these "centrally" defined settings.

But if an EndUser would actually use the "Reset to Standard"-Button in the SAPGUI 7.20 Option Dialog, some of our distributed Settings / RegKeys will be deleted or overritten.

Anyone else faced with this problem ?

How Is it possible to prevent EndUsers to use the "Reset to Standard"-Button in SAPGUI Option Dialog ?

Best regards

Stephan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephan_walter
Explorer
0 Kudos

No ideas ?

problem is, a EndUser is able to overwrite my predefined values (e.g. delete Documents and Trace-Folder contenct when it is older than 3 days) to prevent high amount of "old" files in these folders)

Therefore i wold like to hide or inacativate this "reset to standard" button because it doesn't set it to the values which i set before during my rollout-installation...

And additiopnally i'm not able to set all values as HKEY_LOCAL because some of them are only available as HKEY_USER entires...