Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking the production order

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sir,

i have four operation in my production order and i activated inspection type 03 for inporocess inspection

and i assign inspection in seond and final operation in routing

and final operation is mile stone confirmation

now my question is that is it possible to block the production order if i found second ooeration is not ok

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

I guess blocking of production order means no operation confirmation and GR.

I believe this may not be feasible with standard setting. You may have to go for development for this.

What you can do is, you can ensure no confirmation of operation until inspection (result recording) for that operation is carried out. Check this feasibility if works for you.

Go to OPK4, give plant and order type as input. Select detail view. There you find option as u201CResults Rec (QM)u201D. Set it to Error message if no inspection results exist.

Regards,

AR

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal ,

In addition to what Anand has suggested, in the operation sequence maintain 'Error when Operation sequence is not adhered '

to ensure that confirmation is done step by step .

I hope the information helps.

Regards

Kaushik

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

thank your for the reply

My last operation is the milestone so pp guys will confirm the last operation only

but QM have a inspection point on second operation _ pls tell me wether it is possibel?

so QM people is identified that job can not be forwaded to the third operation

and in the result recording done according to that

here i want to block the production order ? how we can achive it?

As per your answer when last operation is come to picture then only system will be intimate about the problem in the second opoeration

Hope i cleared

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

I just tested the same scenario you narrated. Following are my observations and I am logically convinced for this standard behavior of SAP.

1. Itu2019s true that when you confirm the operation having milestone confirmation control key, systems confirms that operation and all its preceding operations.

2. The attention-grabbing fact is under such condition, the settings maintained in OPK4 do not work. Milestone setting overwrites OPK4.

In my opinion, when someone opts for millstone, it is assumed that the physical practice of controlling parameters like operation sequence, inspection activities are properly in u2013place.

But if you require such controls operation wise, there is no any other option but not to use milestone.

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

In this case if we assign a control key for second operation in inspection and actiivate confirmation required in the control key

what wiil be the result?

Wether we handle by this way?

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Not only for 2nd operation, but you need to use the same control key for all operations also.

Letu2019s consider following cases where the settings in control keys are as follows. I assume settings for OPK4 are in place as mentioned earlier.

Case 1

Operation_1 u2013 Confirmation required (2)

Operation_2 u2013 Confirmation required (2)

Operation_3 u2013 Confirmation required (2)

In such case system will not allow you to confirm operation_2 unless you key in the inspection results. As rightly suggested by Kaushik, system will also not allow you to confirm operaion_3 unless operation_2 is confirmed. Hence you get double control here, one is operation sequence adherence and another inspection result recordings.

Where as in Case 2

Operation_1 u2013 Confirmation required (2)

Operation_2 u2013 Confirmation required (2)

Operation_3 u2013 Milestone confirmation (1)

Here if you try to confirm operation 2 system will behave as per case 1. But if you try to confirm operation_3, system will confirm all the operations. In short milestone means no checking and no control. If you confirm milestone operation it is assumed that all previous operations are completely ok from all perspectives.

Happy weekend,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)