cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Authentication error in Nakisa 3 SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded the serial key and performed the below steps as per the Admin guide for sucession planning

Test the required data connections in the Data Center (configured SAp connection)

Verify the security authentication settings (for login screen)

Ensure the required modules are enabled

but when I am trying to login to below URL using the admin user, I am getting the error.

user used in the string have SAP_ALL, SAP_New, S_RFC (service user type)

http://hostname:port/SuccessionPlanning/default.jsp

289. 25 May 2011 09:41:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : User to authenticate admin

290. 25 May 2011 09:41:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : Authentication provider SapStandard

291. 25 May 2011 09:41:55 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - Sap Authentication : Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

292. 25 May 2011 09:41:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : Login process finished with errors

293. 25 May 2011 09:41:55 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Strings.decodeURIComponent , encoded=admin , decoded= admin

294. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Tenant ID: 000

295. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - LoginSettingsObject Load: 9

296. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : Credential provider ActiveDirectory

297. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : User to authenticate null

298. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : Authentication provider SapStandard

299. 25 May 2011 09:41:56 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.login.Main : LogIn : Login process finished with errors

I have also created a user ro_splan but not sure if we have map any role and how. please advice,

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The Admin user only works for the AdminConsole. To login you need to use an SAP backend user. Try this and let us know if it works.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke, I tried that for succession planning and career planning and it worked but when i trying for Talentframework with the same user,it is gving invalid login error.

25 May 2011 12:05:00 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - Sap Authentication : Connect to SAP gateway failed

ERROR partner hostname:sapgw00' not reached

Also, I am not getting the logout option when i login to default page of any of module. Please let me know there are any option to logout.

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Are you sure your connection string is correct in TalentFramework? I had terrible problems with Publish errors in the SMP version, maybe this is the cause. I would try copying your SAPConnection connection configuration from SuccessionPlanning to TalentFramework just to ensure that is not the problem.

The logout button is usually disabled by default because of Portal integration. If you look in SettingsResources you'll see a configuration called HideLogOff - this can be changed to false to show the Log Off button.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

It was my mistake. i misspelled the hostname under authentication. Test connect for Connection string was successful. Now I am able to login for Talentframe work as well.

I tried to search for settingResource option in Admin console but could not succeed. Would you please let me know the path for the same.

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You won't find this feature in the AdminConsole - you have to change the setting in a file in your build folder. If you refer to the Admin guide and look for SettingResources it will give you some advice on how to do this.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke. I checked that file at OS level under the build directory but was unable to view and could not find any help in Admin guide (SuccessionPlanning_VSN30_Admin_En) as well to change the values.

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's on page 19 of OrgChart_VSN30_SP1_Admin_En.pdf.

If you go into /<application>/root/.system/Admin_Config/<your build>/SettingsResources/ you will find the HideLogOff.txt file. Copy this to /<application>/root/.system/Admin_Config/<your build>/.delta/SettingsResources/ and then change the contents of the text file. Load and Publish your build - the changes should now be effective.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I dont have SettingsResources and .delta directories under the build directory. Below is the list of files under that diretory.

/Nakisa/SuccessionPlanning/servlet_jsp/SuccessionPlanning/root/.system/Admin_Config/SuccessionPlanning: ls -altr

total 128

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 4282 May 20 17:05 UserControlResources.xml

drwxr-xr-x 2 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 20 17:05 Themes

drwxr-xr-x 3 <SID>adm sapsys 4096 May 20 17:05 TemplateXML

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 11625 May 20 17:05 SettingsResources.XML

drwxr-xr-x 2 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 20 17:05 Security

drwxr-xr-x 10 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 20 17:05 Root

drwxr-xr-x 2 <SID>adm sapsys 4096 May 20 17:05 Picture

drwxr-xr-x 3 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 20 17:05 OTFSchema

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 6397 May 20 17:05 ManagerResources.xml

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 191 May 20 17:05 LangModifications.xml

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 4455 May 20 17:05 InterResources.XML

-rw-rr 1 <SID>adm sapsys 122 May 20 17:05 BuildInfo.xml

drwxr-xr-x 8 <SID>adm sapsys 4096 May 20 17:05 Authentication

drwxr-xr-x 27 <SID>adm sapsys 4096 May 20 17:05 AppResources

drwxr-xr-x 2 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 25 08:42 ___000___SuccessionPlanning

drwxr-xr-x 4 <SID>adm sapsys 256 May 25 08:42 ..

drwxr-xr-x 11 <SID>adm sapsys 4096 May 25 08:42 .

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

If you are just editing the OOTB build (SuccessionPlanning) then your build folder is ___000___SuccessionPlanning. I would recommend never making changes to the OOTB build, rather loading it and then saving it under a new name (e.g. SuccessionPlanning_Sagar). Every new build will be prefixed with ___000___ and the number will increase for multiple tenants of the same build.

Can you confirm the folder below exists. If so then that is the folder you should make changes in.

/Nakisa/SuccessionPlanning/servlet_jsp/SuccessionPlanning/root/.system/Admin_Config/___000___SuccessionPlanning/.delta/

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this folder does exists.

Thanks Luke

Regards,

Sagar

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great - hopefully you can find /Nakisa/SuccessionPlanning/servlet_jsp/SuccessionPlanning/root/.system/Admin_Config/___000___SuccessionPlanning/SettingsResources/

Just copy the file in to /Nakisa/SuccessionPlanning/servlet_jsp/SuccessionPlanning/root/.system/Admin_Config/___000___SuccessionPlanning/.delta/SettingsResources/ and then make your change. Load your build and Publish.

Don't forget to mark the thread as closed and leave points if your problem has been solved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Are you using SSO?

See page 79 of SP Admin guide under User Authentication.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SAPSSOAuthenticationwithverify.pseusingSAPSSOEXT

To help you with this issue, please find the hints below and the

places where you can obtain further assistance:

a) In the Admin, under Authentication Settings, Authentication

Mechanism, you can select 'Anonymous'.

b) Check for APPRESOURCES and DOWNLOADSCHEMA file modifications.

c) HR OCI customizing is not complete with the standard values.

d) Check if your connection string is correct (e.g.: Using ASHOST and

not AHOST)

e) Clean your proxy, network and browser cache (as it affects this

2 users)

f) Check the users logon credentials (roles, permissions, etc.)

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew