cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java mapping & namespace issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing a java mapping from a flat file to an IDOC. After the document is mapped succesfully I call an RFC via the Adapter. When monitoring the adapter I get the error:

com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: failed to read funtionname from XML document: missing namespace declara

so I added the namespace reference to my java mapping to look like this :

<ns0:IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS xmlns:ns0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

But when I test my java mapping in the builder (interface mapping) the namespace xmlns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions" is added to my above ns0:IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS tag. The consequence is that while mapping in the integration engine the "ns0" prefix is then removed and I get the error:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was.

Any help or sample code resolving the namespace issue is welcome.

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am getting the same error message. You fixed yours. Can you help me with mine. The error message is

" Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was ."

I am trying to send data to SAP SRM4.0 from SAP R/3 using SAP XI. XI content is delivered by SAP.

The message is sent from R/3 to XI successfully and the XML monitor does not show any errors in XI . But the messages does not show up in SRM.

Thanks

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Iam working on the same scenario.

Iam sending the PO from SRM to Vendor R/3 using XI and want to get back the PO Confirmation to SRM through XI.

Iam using RFC Adapter from XI to SRM but I dont receive any message in SRM . Where could I see the Confirmation in SRM? And how to get it?

Please send the reply to me .....

Thanks in Advance.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have found the reason why my RFC call did not pass.

The actual reason is that the even my java xml mapped output structure was ok, the RFC call with empty tags is not supported.

Thanks for your time responding

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the reason, that you do not use the IDOC adapter for sending an IDOC to an R/3-system?

If you want to process the IDOC with an RFC call, you have to provide the RFC structure with your mapping. Upload the RFC to the Integration Repository to see the structure, you have to fill. The XML after mapping gas to look the same as this structure, all other XML structure are rejected from the RFC adapter.

Regards

Stefan