Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

To understand Batch Management configuration behavior

Hi all,

I'm attempting to activate and configure batch management and I encounter several system behavior within SPRO.

1. Under logistics General -> Batch Management -> Specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management, I get the following menu items: Batch level, Batch status management, Plants with batch status management. To start off with, I proceed to Batch level and select Batch unique at plant level and save. Next thing I know, the menu item Batch status management becomes inactive mode, hence unable to access this function to activate the batch management. When I return to menu item Batch level and change Batch unique at material level and save, the menu item for Batch status management returns to active mode.

Question: Is there an explanation for such behavior? If the menu item for batch status management becomes inactive mode each time I select the Batch unique at plant level, how do I activate Batch Management in SAP system?

2. I understand there's another configuration under logistics General -> Batch Management -> Batch Valuation -> Update Standard Characteristics is required to be performed. When I execute this configuration, the prompt says: "Do you want the standard features in batch management to be updated?". I clicked yes and there's a background job running for a while. Once the job finishes, the log shows a couple of errors or failures.

Question: Am I doing things right?

Edited by: Steven Khoo on May 27, 2011 4:54 AM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question