cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To understand Batch Management configuration behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm attempting to activate and configure batch management and I encounter several system behavior within SPRO.

1. Under logistics General -> Batch Management -> Specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management, I get the following menu items: Batch level, Batch status management, Plants with batch status management. To start off with, I proceed to Batch level and select Batch unique at plant level and save. Next thing I know, the menu item Batch status management becomes inactive mode, hence unable to access this function to activate the batch management. When I return to menu item Batch level and change Batch unique at material level and save, the menu item for Batch status management returns to active mode.

Question: Is there an explanation for such behavior? If the menu item for batch status management becomes inactive mode each time I select the Batch unique at plant level, how do I activate Batch Management in SAP system?

2. I understand there's another configuration under logistics General -> Batch Management -> Batch Valuation -> Update Standard Characteristics is required to be performed. When I execute this configuration, the prompt says: "Do you want the standard features in batch management to be updated?". I clicked yes and there's a background job running for a while. Once the job finishes, the log shows a couple of errors or failures.

Question: Am I doing things right?

Thanks.

Edited by: Steven Khoo on May 27, 2011 4:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting ready to active Batch status management on our client. I do not need to change our Batch Level, but in reading, my understanding is that the first thing you need to do after changing the batch level in SPRO is to run the Batch Level -> conversion routine, that is in the same menu. Once that is done, I'm guessing that the ability to activate the status management will again be available.

Once you active the batch status management, you need to run the Batch status management -> conversion routine for it to take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Did you get a solution for this?

I have the same issue and so far haven't found a solution.

Thanks!

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please look at the reply by MFleischer.

Steven