Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Decentralized WM

Dear Gurus

We have a central SAP Retail system and need to set up a decentralized WM system. What master data is required to be shared between the two systems when we have inbound and outbound movements

I understand we need material master, is there anything else apart for it such as Customer master, vendor master etc

In material masters do i need to extend it to Warehouse in the central system or in the decentralized system.

Your response shall be greatly appreciated

Hi Anand,

Start with tcode SALE. I created new reduced idoc message types for my masterdata (materials / vendors / customers) based on the std message types: MATMAS / CREMAS & DEBMAS. In the new reduced messages types I only activated certain fields which I want to be distributed to my DWM system. For ex I do not use MRP data in DWM, but the shelf life data gets populated in ERP and distributed over to DWM. On DWM you will need to create the material for at least S.Org / D.Channel / WM1 / WM 2 / Plant views - all depends on what you config in the DWM system apart from the necessary WM stuff. For vendors and customers I only carry the header data on company level.

I hope this helps,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question