cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decentralized WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We have a central SAP Retail system and need to set up a decentralized WM system. What master data is required to be shared between the two systems when we have inbound and outbound movements

I understand we need material master, is there anything else apart for it such as Customer master, vendor master etc

In material masters do i need to extend it to Warehouse in the central system or in the decentralized system.

Your response shall be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

please refer to help.sap.com portal: Setting Up the Decentralized Warehouse Management System

Basis Components ® Application Link Enabling (ALE) ® Modelling and Implementing Business Processes ® Master Data

You define a reduced output type for the material master, customer master, and vendor master

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

can you please tell me if i need to create material master in the decentralized WM or extend the materials for the warehouse in the Central ERP system

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello

according IMG documentation:

"Material Master

To be able to carry out stock movements (putaways and picks) in the decentralized WM system, material masters must exist in this system. The material master must be distributed between the central ERP system and the decentralized WMS.

The leading system for the material master is the central ERP system. In the central system, the material master is created and distributed to the decentralized WMS. The material master views defined in the central system must not all be available in the WM system. The material master views depend on the decentralized processing functions used in the WM system.

The following basic rules apply:

Distribute only the necessary master data so that the WM system remains able to operate.

Be aware that you must manually maintain all necessary Customizing settings for the material master in the decentralized WMS. Maintain the warehouse-relevant data of the material master (Warehouse Management view) in the decentralized WMS since this data is of local nature."

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Start with tcode SALE. I created new reduced idoc message types for my masterdata (materials / vendors / customers) based on the std message types: MATMAS / CREMAS & DEBMAS. In the new reduced messages types I only activated certain fields which I want to be distributed to my DWM system. For ex I do not use MRP data in DWM, but the shelf life data gets populated in ERP and distributed over to DWM. On DWM you will need to create the material for at least S.Org / D.Channel / WM1 / WM 2 / Plant views - all depends on what you config in the DWM system apart from the necessary WM stuff. For vendors and customers I only carry the header data on company level.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hein

Great, Thanks a ton for this info,

Greatly appreciated

Answers (0)