cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing a Paid invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Here is my issue - I have an invoice(fi Invoice) that is posted and paid. I want to reverse/cancel the invoice as the GL account to which it was posted to needs to be made tax relavant. That is, I want to change the GL Account master. Then re-post the same invoice to the same GL account so that relavant tax codes are picked up.

Now how can i do this?? I can't use fb08 as the invoice has already been paid, right? Please advice how to reverse an invoice that is already paid and rebook the same invoice again, but it shouldn't be paid a second time.

Some of my questions might seem basic but I am new to this so please bear with me.

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u tried fbra with reset and revese option.If yes is there any issue that transaction.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

I assume that the invoices have been booked directly from FB60(Vendors) or FB70 (Customers) then you need to reset the clearing document first through FBRA and reverse it first. Now item will be shown as open in ledger . Take the document number shown as open which you just reset and reversed and reverse the GL posting in FB08. We can reverse transaction through FB08 only when they have not been cleared.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can reverse the document by using T. code : FBRA

this T. Code was using reversal of cleared items.

Delete gl masters by using T. Code : OBR2.

once check this t.code aslo OBR1 (Reset Transaction data - delete transaction data in a

company code)

Mahesh

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First reset the payment document if this is the clearing document, otherwise clearing document you have to reset through FBRA.

Then, the invoice and payment documents will be in open status. Now you can reverse the invoice document and repost it gain.

Next you have to use F-44/F-32 for clearing the invoice and payment documents.

Rgds

Murali. N