Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am designing the scenario in sand box system based on requirements :

we have nearly 300 customers and we have provided the planning book access to all our customers using collabrative demand planning functionality.

Customers will input their forecast in the web browser and we dont have any dead line time to input the forecast, some customers will update in Begining of the month and some in middle of the month.

We have demand planners who forcast at high level at region level and we have accounts managers who forecast at customer level.

Demand Planners are responsible to provide forecast at region level and account managers are responsible to forecast at customers in the particular region.

We have 4 characteristics for planning:

1) Product 2) Plant 3)Region 4) customer

In this regard i have few questions:

Lowest level is Product and Customer level.

As i mentioned earliar some customer will input forecast in 1st week of the month and some in 2nd week of the month.

When our demand planners plug the forecast at region level>>>customer and account mangers cannot access the planning books in change mode.

when account managers are in change mode our demand planners and customers cannot access the planning books in change mode.

This is all due to locking functionality of demand plan.

How to handle this type of problems while implementing apo dp?

Please share your experience about this locking problems in apo dp?

regards

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

A couple of possible ways -

1. Use seperate key figures for input for different sets of users (one for demand planners and other for customers). Then merege them using a macro. Use key figure specific locking in the planning area.

2. Use seperate selections for edit and display. For display purposes, users can have wide open selections. But for edit, selections should be as granular as possible.

Rishi Menon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hkmaradana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can prevent through technical help by finding a user exit. we did same way in current assignment. I would suggest take a help from technical help and provide a scenario to debug.

Let me know still you need any information.

Regards,

Cris