Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization updation on Z t-code addition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

When I add any Z t-code in an existing role in PFCG, few authorization objects are getting populated.

They are tagged as 'New' and duplicate copy of certain objects is created. However I have not maintained any auth proposal in SU24.

If I create a new role and add ZPQA into it. It is bahaving normally, no auth objects are added.

Thank you in advance to clarify.

Regards,

Nitish

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the transaction is a parameter transaction (you can check in SE93) then this will happen as the proposal values for the original transaction will be included.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is happening because earlier the role been maintained incorrectly. When you will modify a role menu then it will read SU24 proposal for all other existing transaction. Click on source item of the new objects (mountain icon). I am sure these are for existing transaction in the role menu. If you attempt to add any other transaction then also the same thing will happen.

[This|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22623] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; might help you. The 3rd section.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on May 25, 2011 12:58 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks Arpan. Your reply helped me to dig it further.

goldy_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is the role previously maintain in other langauge? if the role is maintained in other langauge before then when ever you will add tcode or delete tcode it will add new objects along with the old and standard objects.

what you can do instead of adding the tcode in Menu you can add it in S_Tcode(add it first) object directly.

Regards

Goldy Verma

0 Kudos

Hi Goldy

what you can do instead of adding the tcode in Menu you can add it in S_Tcode(add it first) object directly.

Do you mean going to the auth tab and direct inserting a new object S_TCODE to then include the transaction to avoid bringing in updated (SU24) objects?

My bet is on Arpan's observation:

When you will modify a role menu then it will read SU24 proposal for all other existing transaction.

Cheers

David

Then again - lots of different ways of doing things in SAP...

0 Kudos

If that is the way you are handling role modification then I will wait to see your post "How to identify all the existing roles with manual S_TCODE"

And the beauty is that, there is a standard report to find that out..

To add more info.. If you do not want to read the customer table then you have expert mode (edit old status). But the question is when you need to use that?

Regards,

Arpan Paik