Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical: Personal Time Zone not showing up for users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There's a issue that we are facing regarding time zones for users. Even after maintaining Personal time zones of users in there SU01, users are not able to see data in the system as per there local time zone. It is still showing in the default time zone. Is there paramter that is to be maintained for putting personal time zone into effect.

Regards

Rasheed

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed,

Which application area are the users facing problem ? PM and CS module have a customization setting that needs to be done to activate time zone setting in their respective areas..not everything can be converted to local time zone for users.... Let us know a little more info on the tcode/areas which are posing this problem..

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I confirmed on this and got the information that for example when users are trying to display material document list using MB51 the time stamp shown there is the default system time and not the local time of the user.

Is there a setting for this?

Regards

Rasheed

0 Kudos

Hi Rasheed,

Usually when Timezone customizations are performed, the display is only converted on the screen for the end user. The actual data in DB still refers to System time zone... This conversion (Display) is supported for only a few objects like Notifications, confirmations and orders... Usually objects like change documents, logs, archived data and workcenter data does not have this conversion functionality...

In this case, i dont think we have timestamp in MB51 as its only posting dates that get logged... You can consider posting a query in MM forum to get answers on customizations but from a security standpoint i dont think we have any way to attain this requirement....

~Sri