Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit on the size of the flat file in SAP Application Server

former_member283828
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to upload the account payable data to the SAP Application Server.

The requirement say's like if the size of the file exceeds the limit(is there any limit on file size in SAP?) of SAP then I should upload another file with the remaining records.

Is there any limit on the file size uploaded into SAP Application Server?If there is limit on file size then what is the value of the limit?

I guess the file size will depend on the basis configuration and the free size of the Application Server Folder.

How to check free space in the Application Server folder and proceed further for placing the file in that folder?

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran Kumar K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The limitation (if any) will be on the OS level. Nothing to do with SAP as such. Asking your basis team to provide you with an area with plenty of room will be the easiest option. How big are your files - most OSs can handle files of many GB. Sounds to me like the "requirement" has been written by someone without technical knowledge...

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never encountered a limit for flat files, but to save space you might consider delimiting them and condensing to remove the extra spaces. Regarding your last questoin, if you're not going to have room for one file, how could you open a 2nd and continue with the program?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The limitation (if any) will be on the OS level. Nothing to do with SAP as such. Asking your basis team to provide you with an area with plenty of room will be the easiest option. How big are your files - most OSs can handle files of many GB. Sounds to me like the "requirement" has been written by someone without technical knowledge...

0 Kudos

Hi Davel and Matt,

Thanks for your reply.