Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table UI - No of rows - Disabled & issues with LABEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our VC Server version is 645.7.1.0. and Portal Version is

NWO4s SP7.

1. I am using TABLE UI element, in that the No of Table Rows is disabled and option is set to AUTO FIT always, is there any way that i can change this ?

2. All the labels have colon ( after the label, how to avoid this ?

3. In case the label is bit lengthy like "Total No of Employees Present", only 75% is getting displayed even after using "Long Label" option it is not displaying the full label.

Please let me know your solutions for the above mentioned issues.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to note 959996

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having the same problem with my table.

I tried to apply the recommended note, but it didn't seemed to help.

Any suggestions?

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

1)This is not possible in the flex runtime, however it can be done if you compile the model using webdynpro.

2)The best solution for this is to use the no lable option and then place a plain text field next to it.

3)Try using the align vertically option, this should display all the field but it applies to all the fields on the model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

1. How to compile using webdynpro, did you mean i have to develop this application using WebDynpro ?

2. I tried using the NO LABLE option for HTML TEXT UI element, it is still showing the :, reason i have used HTML TEXT instead of plain text is, i want the message to be shown in RED COLOR.

a) When ever i am displaying a table, i want the table to fit itself it to the content size, but it is taking the size what i set in the design time. Any suggestions to this ?

b) We are planning to upgrade our Portal version from SP7 to SP8, i assumed that some of the VC issues are resolved in SP8 is it the case ? All our reports are based on data from SAP R/3, any good features in SP8 which will be useful ?

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

1/ To deploy to Web Dynpro navigate to Tools --> Options -->Compiler and choose Web Dynpro as your Runtime.

2/ That is odd because generally when you choose no label there is no label including no colon.

a/ Try doing this, in your layout editor double click on your background and under Portal iView --> Fit Contents choose Fit both and this should help you out with your sizing.

b/ There are quite a few new benefits one of which is the table input port for R/3 BAPIs. You are now able to use BAPIs that have a table as input as well as output.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the solutions.

1. I am not getting this Webdynpro option in Compiler, i have two options XGraph and Flash. We are on NW04s SP7 version.

If we chose WebDynpro Runtime, whether the look and feel of iView will get changed ?

We like the look and feel of iViews based on FLASH with the only exception that the theme is fixed to blue, we wanted this to pick up the actual Portal Theme.One of the SDN member replied that as per OSS note it is not possible it means.

Thanks

Senthil