Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify existing SAP Query / Quickview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Greetings!

We have a requirement to modify an existing SAP Query. This query was created much earlier by a user who is no longer present.

We have the query name, user group, and the program for the query. This query, we assume was created using tcode SQVI.

However, in tcode SQVI, we cannot see the query as we have not created it.

I understand that this is because the quick view has not been converted to query.

I have referred:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/QuickViewer

In tcode SQ01, we are unable to see the query, as we get an error that the user group does not exist.

In table AQLTQ, we get an entry for the query and the user group. But the user group does not exist in tcode SQ03 as well.

In this case, how to we convert the quickview to query? Or is there any other way to edit the exisitng quickview/query?

Kindly help.

Best Regards,

Smruthi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check if an entry exists in the table AQGQCAT(Global or Client-independent queries) and/or AQLQCAT(Local or Client-dependent queries).

4 REPLIES 4

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check if an entry exists in the table AQGQCAT(Global or Client-independent queries) and/or AQLQCAT(Local or Client-dependent queries).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked in both the tables.

There exists an entry only in AQLQCAT(Local or Client-dependent queries). We now have the infoset as well, along with the user group and the query.

When I check for the infoset in SQ02, I get an error, "Infoset <infoset name> not created"

The user group is the same as that found in table AQLTQ.

Best Regards,

Smruthi

0 Kudos

There exists an entry only in AQLQCAT(Local or Client-dependent queries).

In that case you're looking in the wrong "Query Area". You've to change the area from Global(Cross-client) to Local(Client-specific)!

Menu -> Environment -> Query Areas -> Standard Area(Client-Specific)

I hope you'll find your Query, Infoset, User group as well.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

Thank you very much.

Yes, I can see the query, user group and the info set now.

Best Regards,

Smruthi