cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading HR Master Data through LSMW or BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to upload the HR Master Data to the system through LSMW or BDC, I am aware that for some infotypes like 000,1 &2 BDC is more suited, whereas for other infotypes LSMW is more convenient. I would like to understand how to start the activity. Should I start with infotype 0000 first and then 0001 and so on or can I take any infotype randomly and upload? What I mean is, is there any dependency that an infotype data can be loaded only after certain other related infotype data is loaded first? e.g. can load infotype 0006 first and then infotype 0001?

Also please guide me on for which infotype LSMW is preferred and for which infotype BDC is preferred? Can BDC be used within LSMW?

-Shambhvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you should upload IT 0000, 0001 & 0002 using PA40 transaction either LSMW or BDC whichever you feel comfortable.

Once these three infotypes upload is completed then you can upload any infotype directly from PA30.

If you also have OM data then OM data should go frist then upload PA data. Make sure that you run RHINTE reports so that data will be synchronized between OM and PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I am in LSMW step 1 and created a recording for PA30. I get the "Personnel Actions" screen. How should I proceed now?

Let us assume I have to upload Actions data for 10 perners.

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do it like this way:- come into recording screen and give tcode PA40 now select in PA40 screen hiring action>execute> fill the details>save when 0001 screen wil open click on back button.> now in second step> give any name and discr.>save>back> third step> click on table button and give >

PERNR c 8

EINDA ddmm 10

SELEC_01 c 1

BEGDA ddmm 10

ENDDA ddmm 10

MASSN c 2

MASSG c 2

PLANS c 8

WERKS c 4

PERSG c 1

PERSK c 2

4) save it

5) select PA40 click on etras> auto feild mapping press enter when date format will come select 2nd option. save

7)specify flat file with tabular option

😎 assign it

9, 10,11,12,13 & 14 just execute

Thanks and regards,

ARU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, after sufficient strugle, I managed to upload data for Actions infotype. However, I have a query. I had include the field SELEC_01 in my LSMW and also in my upload file. Without that field, the LSMW used to fail. What is the purpose of this field? Is there any default value for the field? What are the valid values?

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambvi

U may wanna try what lakshmi has propose

"now u would say "default all" tab right.

later u slect a field " RP50G-SELEC(01) x " and select thr "RESET" tab only for this single field. - it means it u need not to give input from flat file or external. the lsmw itselt take the value automatically.|

Hope it helps

No Worries

KG

former_member324070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing the same bdc for pa40.

it is not moving to the next screen ..

also can any one tell me the okcode for execute(f8).

bcz in the 1st screen it should automatically hit the f8 and then proceed to the next screen..

please suggest..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

AhmedGamal
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! The problem is solved

-shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Praveen suggested use LSMW for uploading data.

Requirement which can not be meEt through LSMW then use BDC.

Rgds,

Lata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I am trying to upload data for Actions (0000) infotype. Im in LSMW screen, step 1- Maintain Object attributes. I have choosen Batch Input Record option. i clicked on Records: Overview. I created a recording with recording Name and Description. Then I entered transaction code as PA30. Now I get the Maqintain HR Master Data. I am struck here and confused. I do not not know how to proceed. My objective is to load data into Actions (0000) infotype. Am I doing everything correctly upto this point? Please guide me.

-Shambhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use any of those 2, but i find LSMW better than BDCs.

You should start with IT0000 and IT0001 as may be pernr doesn't exist in the system. In that case pernr will be assigned with minimal required data that is 0 & 1 infotype. Once you done these 2 then you can upload in any order.

Can BDC be used within LSMW? - To answer this question, why you want to BDC inside LSMW since you are using both for the same purpose. So at a time 1 can work instead of using both.