cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Button Group - Options Alignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a Radio Button Group to my FORM, which has three options like 'YES', 'NO', 'NOT SURE'.

All these options are aligned vertically, i want all these options in SINGLE line, i am not able to find the options to align.

Please suggest your solutions.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Senthil;

if i understood this correctly, and particularly since it sounds like you have a static list of exactly three options, you can do what you want with the "# of columns" option:

1 - go to the Control Properties for your radio button group

2 - select the Display tab

3 - in the Layout section, set "# of columns" to "3"

that should do it ...

hope it helps.

-m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moya,

Thanks. Your solution solved the problem.

One more question...

1. In my layout, i have a form, below that i have a table view...in the form i have a message text which has to be displayed if the TABLE has ZERO rows. But initially it should be HIDDEN...

I wrote a condition for HIDDEN, but by default this checks the condition and displays my message

" No records found" by DEFAULT which is wron, i want this message to displayed only when the user clicks on SUBMIT button in the form and after execution of BAPI, if no rows are returned i want to show this error message.

I have a written a condition in HIDDEN like this for my message text

ISNULL(@COST_CENTER)

COST_CENTER is one of the key fields in my table.

Thanks

Senthil

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi again senthil;

first - looks like the condition you wrote below is actually the reverse of what you want (but i'm not sure you were asking about this):

ISNULL(@FIELD) --> this means the field WILL be hidden when the result is null. you want the text 'No records found' to NOT be hidden when the result is null, so you need to precede this condition with a logical NOT:

don't know if any other tip in there might help).

hope it helps;

cheers,

-m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moya,

Sorry, that was a typo mistake.I am using this formula

! ISNULL(@COST_CENTER)

Coming back to my question, i have a suggestion,i am not sure how to do that in VC.

In all our BAPI or Func. Module we have a RETURN table (of type BAPIRETURN) which has messages like Error, Info and Warning etc.

Right below the form we have a cost center list table...

Assume if we don't have any records in that table i want the tableview(attached to RETURN table) to be visibile in the same position where my other table existed.

If i use the above option..Form gets displayed, the space for Cost Center table is blank (occupied) and below that i have Error Table...

If the return table has a error record...even if i don't use the RETURN table, by default a POP UP comes with a message " Message from Back End, No data found etc", i want to suppress this message and display the message from the back end...

Any suggestions, in this way we can avoid the text field.

Regards

Senthil

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi senthil;

that gets a bit more complicated, doesn't it?

i haven't done this much, but it sounds like you might want to play around with layering and visibility of layers for your form/text components. have you tried that? beyond that, i can't think of anything.

thanks,

-m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Did you ever figure out how to suppress that error message? I'm running into the same thing.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Right now the radio button group entries are stacked simply one on top of the other and there is no option that I am aware of to order the entries side by side instead of one on top of the other.

What you could try and do is create 3 separate radio button groups each with one entry and then use validations to make sure only one option is ever selected.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Scott