Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO Extraction

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

It may be a broad question, but I want to know about this. I never worked on LO extraction so far. But I know the procedure of this Extraction by going thru some docs which are avialble on SDN.

My question is: I have been observing many questions regarding LO in forums. If LO extarctor is included in Process Chain, daily if it throws some problem, How you guys are handling it on a daily basis? Becoz, I work on a support project as of now. I have 2LIS_17_13HDR for PM orders. Our Process chain has failed at other steps many times but not at 2LIS_17_13HDR step.

So, i want to understand why its happening? I am confused whether this extractor had been implemented full-fledgedly or not in my client?

If you can provide me any realtime scenarios on LO extraction of any application type, it would be very helpful to get a better understanding about LO.

Thanks for your patience!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

LO constitutes a major area in ECC transaction world....

From BW perspective, here's the crunch:

1 - LO contains some major areas of business like Inventory (03), Sales and Distr (11,12,13), Purchasing(02), PM(17) etc.

2 - There are special cluster tables known as Setup tables which are filled for history data from ECC. This implies that for FULL loads, delta init and REPAIR FULL loads gets data from these setup tables.

3 - Delta flows in 3 ways: Direct delta, Queued delta and V3 unserialized. Most frequently used is queued delta.

4 - Process chains will normally include the daily delta flows coming from delta queue (RSA7). Delta queue is filled in ways corresponding to the delta method chosen. For example for Queued delta we have extraction queues which gets data based on Business transaction events. From this extraction queue a job needs to be started manually to fetch data into delta queue.

So on a broader level, this is what LO is all about. Inventory is a little special because of the non-cumulative KPIs. You will find umpteen posts and docs on LO. Hope this will make you more aware...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If LO extarctor is included in Process Chain, daily if it throws some problem, How you guys are handling it on a daily basis?

It is as similar as to other process chains, nothing to worry.. If at all any load (ex: 2lis_11_XXX) got failed, then you just need to find out why it got failed just like how you do for other Loads like below.

1)Check if the source system job completed/Failed, if at it got failed, then check for the detailed dump in St22 and analyze it.

2) check if it getting failed due to source system error, then check the data in the Extraction checker(RSA3).

3)Change the QM status to RED before repeating the load, then only it will bring the Last delta repeat data, other wise you will miss the delta records...