Output layout example:

-

text1 text2 text3........... <-header

-

data1 data2 data3........... <-main area

................................ <-footer

question: If you refer to my header i need a frame above and below the header. I dont find it at the frame template.

How can i design such as above in smartforms.I need it to refect at the first page and also continues pages.

Thank you very much experts.

S.Saravannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a number of options in frames template, you need to try the one which best suits you.

try this,

Define two line types, one for header and one for items.

Select the first icon ,which says "Frame patterns" , in that you have number of options.The 13th pattern in it would solve your problem.

You just nee dto declare two different line types.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done using templates.

Create a header window and add one template in it.Dont add any additional rows in the template.

Set the height of the template as required for heading.

Then select the template (Just click the pencil icon and select the template if it is in drawing mode, then the template will be selected ) and select only the upper and lower frame icons from the frames icons given in the top.This will display the upper and lower border for the heading.

Then add one text node under template and set the required test in it.

(If you want each word in the header in different columns you can draw colums in the template using the pencil icon and create that many text nodes under template. then set the corresponding line no and column no for each of the text node in its output options)

To print the header in each page ,

Create a second page and create a similar header window in it.

Then set the second page as the "Next page " of first page in the general attributes of the first page.

Please make sure that "Only on Fisrt Page " option is not selected in the the header window 'conditions' tab.

Edited by: shanly.azeez on May 25, 2011 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By going to table select header in line type and there some buttons would be there u can select horizontal lines (Both for top and Bottom), it will come what ever you required.

Former Member
0 Kudos
POSITION WINDOW
POSITION XORIGIN '-0.5' CH YORIGIN '-0.25' LN
SIZE WIDTH +0.4 CH HEIGHT +1 LN
BOX FRAME 10 TW
BOX HEIGHT '1.7' LN INTENSITY 20

This will provide a frame. Specify in the same window where you are printing the header. Adjust the coordinates as you require.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create two line types in for your table.

Select your header line type and choose the framed patterns listed above and give the table width as 15 TW.Since you need the header in all pages,goto the output-options of the header area and check the checkbox AT PAGE BREAK. This will display your header in all pages.

Since your main area doest not have any frames just draw the number of columns you need.

Regards,

Jshree